49

Chapter 49 Going up the mountain again

After breakfast, Feng Xi and Xu Hai went up the mountain carrying the backpack.

Xu Hai took Feng Xi's backpack and carried it on his back, so as not to tire his little one.

All along the way, Xu Hai was quite serious. Once they reached the top of the mountain, Xu Hai held Feng Xi's hand tightly, saying that he was afraid that Feng Xi could not climb up the mountain, and it would be easier to pull him up the mountain himself.

Feng Xi felt that it was not that tiring to be pulled up the mountain by Xu Hai, so he let Xu Hai pull him.

After a while, Xu Hai took Feng Xi to a place with lots of firewood and said, "These fallen dry wood, bark and branches are very easy to burn. You can pick up firewood here. You don't need to pick up a lot. Just make sure you can carry it. I'll be chopping wood next to you. Just call me if you need anything."

Feng Xi nodded and said, "I know."

"So good."

Xu Hai touched the little girl's head, leaned down, and kissed the little girl's lips. After the first time, Xu Hai had already gained experience in kissing, and his tongue slipped in when the little girl wasn't paying attention.

After the two separated, Feng Xi's mouth was swollen.

Feng Xi blushed, pushed Xu Hai away and said, "You, why are you kissing me again? Go and work."

Xu Hai looked at the little elephant's blushing face, smiled and said, "Well, I'll go now."

Xu Hai felt that he was full of energy now, licked his lips, and felt really good to be with the object.

There were quite a lot of dry firewood here, and Feng Xi picked up a basket in a short while. He tried it on his back and stopped picking after he felt that the weight was acceptable.

Watching Xu Hai pile up the firewood and tie it into bundles with vines, he went over to help.

After doing all this, Feng Xi carried the backpack and planned to go down the mountain.

The next second, Xu Hai pulled down Feng Xi's backpack and said, "Don't worry, I'll take you to see the trap I made. I caught pheasants and rabbits there before."

Feng Xi nodded. She was also curious about what the trap looked like at that time.

"Okay, but aren't we afraid that someone will steal our firewood if we put it here?"

Xu Hai pulled Feng Xi and said as they walked: "Don't worry, the villagers will know that the firewood is bundled and that it was put there by someone else. Generally speaking, no one will steal it. Even if it is stolen, don't worry. You know that the aunties in the village have big mouths and sharp eyes. They can basically catch it with one shot."

Feng Xi had a deep understanding of this. She knew too well how big the mouths and sharp eyes of the aunties in the village were. She had already realized it within a few days of her arrival. It seems that the gossips of the aunties in the village are still useful.

Xu Hai pointed to the front and said, "Look, the trap I dug is in front. I basically come here every few days. Now the weather is cold, there are not so many wild animals."

"Hey, we are lucky. There is a pheasant."

Feng Xi heard that there was a pheasant and ran over to see that the pheasant was lying motionless in the trap.

"Then shall we go back now?" Feng Xi asked.

"Hey, don't worry. We finally have a rest now. Let's stay in the mountain for a while. There is a cave in front. I used to go hunting in the mountains. When I was hungry, I would go to the cave in front to barbecue. It happens that there is a pheasant today. I will roast a pheasant for you and let you taste my cooking skills. I guarantee that you will swallow your tongue after eating it."

This man is bragging again.

"I don't believe it. I'll have to taste it later."

"Okay, I'll definitely satisfy my target."

Feng Xi watched Xu Hai process the pheasant bit by bit, then made a fire and put the pheasant on the grill.

After a while, Xu Hai took out a bag of salt from his pocket and sprinkled it on the pheasant.

"Why do you carry salt with you?"

Xu Hai replied calmly: "Your target can do anything."

In fact, this was planned by Xu Hai a long time ago. He couldn't sleep last night, thinking that if he could hunt wild goods tomorrow, he would take the little elephant to the cave to roast them, so he went to the kitchen to get a bag of salt when he went out this morning.

After a while, Xu Hai tore off a chicken leg and handed it to Feng Xi.

Feng Xi wanted to take it, but Xu Hai dodged him.

Feng Xi looked at Xu Hai in confusion.

Xu Hai smiled and replied, "It's hot. I have a coil in my hand so I'm not afraid of the heat. Your hands are white and tender, don't get burned. I'll take it, and you eat it from my hand."

Feng Xi couldn't get it, so he obediently grabbed Xu Hai's hand, blew on it, and took a bite. When the chicken entered his mouth, Feng Xi's eyes lit up.

"Delicious!"

"How is it? I didn't lie to you, did I? Your husband's cooking skills are very good."

Feng Xi took another bite and replied: "Well, Xu Hai, you are really amazing."

"That's amazing, there will be more amazing things in the future."

"Don't talk about it, you should eat it quickly, it won't taste good if it gets cold."

After Feng Xi and Xu Hai finished eating the roast chicken, they cleaned up the garbage, put out the fire, and made sure that there was no problem before carrying the firewood down the mountain.

After returning to Feng Xi's house, Xu Hai looked at the few firewood in the yard and said, "This amount of firewood may not be enough, but you don't have to go up the mountain these days, just wait for me to get it. I have to go to the team to count the work points these days, and then we have to distribute the grain. I may not have time to come to you. Be good these days and don't walk around."

"I know, I will stay at home these days, do some exercises, and check these reports."

Xu Hai looked at Feng Xi, thinking of what his mother had told him before, and asked: "By the way, Xixi, my mother asked if you would like to come to my house in a few days to have a meal and meet people?"

"Isn't this too soon?"

"No problem, it's not too soon, you will come sooner or later."

"Then let me think about it."

"Okay, I'll listen to you."

Xu Hai had dinner at Feng Xi's house, and dawdled for a while before going home.

Feng Xi thought it was still early, so she went to the kitchen to prepare the ingredients for tomorrow. She planned to make more wo wo tou at one time tomorrow. Anyway, it's winter now, and it won't go bad even if it's stored for a week.

In addition, Feng Xi clicked on the takeaway page, bought 800 ml of oil, and then filled it in an oil can, planning to fry meatballs tomorrow. The main reason was that Feng Xi still had a lot of potatoes and sweet potatoes, and she was too lazy to cook, so frying them would at least be a snack.

After finishing all this, Feng Xi went to bed.