54

Chapter 54: Coming to the State-Owned Hotel Again

When Wang Fulin heard his brother say he would not go, the light in his eyes dimmed immediately. He was actually particularly envious of those friends who could go to the state-owned hotel to eat. He drooled when he heard them say that the food in the state-owned hotel was delicious, especially the braised pork. But he did not make a fuss, because he knew that his family conditions did not allow it.

Feng Xi raised his eyebrows and asked, "Why not?"

Wang Fulai stammered, "That's a place only rich people can go to."

Feng Xi didn't expect this to be the reason, and asked in confusion, "Why? Can't you go there if you have money and tickets?"

But Feng Xi thought about it and realized that the father of the two children had passed away a long time ago, and their mother had a hard life raising two children, and she probably wouldn't take the children to a state-owned hotel for a feast. Not to mention that there are only two children left now...

Feng Xi felt more and more distressed for the two children, and said: "It's okay, and we have money now, right? It will be better in the future. And, Fu Lai, you helped me buy a bicycle ticket, and I haven't thanked you properly yet. And, sister, I will need your help in many places in the future, just give me face and invite you to the state-owned hotel for dinner."

"No, sister Feng Xi, it was a coincidence that I helped you buy a bicycle ticket. And you also gave me money for helping you."
"Hey, kid. Actually, I've been to the state-owned restaurant before, but the food there is too much, and I often can't finish it, so it's a waste. You guys should consider it as a favor to your sister, so let's make it happen."

"But this..."

"Let's go quickly, or there will be no seats. Besides, I see that our Fulai will have a bright future, and maybe your sister will have to rely on you in the future."

"Sister Feng Xi, I will definitely repay you in the future." Wang Fulai clenched his fists and answered firmly.

Wang Funin pointed at herself and said crisply, "Sister Feng Xi, I'm still here."

Feng Xi touched Wang Fulai and Wang Funin's heads and said, "Hey, sister believes in you. Our future will definitely be better."

Not long after, Feng Xi and the other two arrived at the state-owned hotel.

Feng Xi asked the two brothers what they wanted to eat, and Wang Fulai told Feng Xi to order it himself. Wang Funin said he wanted to eat braised pork.

Feng Xi saw fried noodles on the blackboard, so he ordered three servings of fried noodles and one serving of braised pork.

Xie Yingying saw Feng Xi and recognized her as Xu Hai's girlfriend. When she didn't see Xu Hai, she whispered "you vixen", then rolled her eyes at Feng Xi and said unhappily, "One yuan and twenty-five cents, six ounces of grain coupons, and half a pound of meat coupons."

Wang Fulai had sharp ears, and when he heard this female comrade scolding Sister Feng Xi, he immediately got angry and said, "What are you talking about, female comrade?"

Xie Yingying glared at Wang Fulai and said, "What did I say? If you want to eat, eat. If you don't want to eat, forget it."

Feng Xi protected Wang Fulai and his brother behind him, and looked at Xie Yingying dangerously, "What, do you want to fight?"

Xie Yingying was a coward. She didn't like Feng Xi and wanted to satisfy her desire to eat. Seeing Feng Xi's dangerous look, she was a little afraid that Feng Xi would really fight with her, but she still said bravely: "Give me money, give me a ticket, or get out."

Feng Xi didn't think about fighting with anyone in the state-owned hotel. Looking at Xie Yingying's expression, she obviously didn't dare to fight. He looked at Xie Yingying fiercely, and then gave her the ticket.

When it was time to get the food, Feng Xi also went to get it. As usual, he looked at Xie Yingying fiercely, and Xie Yingying lowered her head.

Little guy, I still don't believe that I can't deal with you.

Xie Yingying was obviously frightened by Feng Xi. She didn't expect that Xu Hai's target looked young and easy to bully, but she didn't expect that the temper was so bad.

Wang Fulai looked at Sister Feng Xi and comforted her: "Sister Feng Xi, don't pay attention to that person, she is just mean."

Wang Funin was a little smart, nodded and said: "That's right, that female comrade must be jealous of Sister Feng Xi's good looks, so she said that, Sister Feng Xi, don't pay attention to her."

Feng Xi looked at the worried eyes of the two brothers, afraid that they were coaxing themselves unhappy, and felt very warm, and said: "It's okay, I didn't take it to heart, let's not ruin the mood of eating for people who have nothing to do with us. Eat quickly, this braised pork is delicious."

Feng Xi first gave each of the brothers a piece of braised pork. Wang Fulin took a bite and almost swallowed his tongue. He closed his eyes in satisfaction and said, "This braised pork is delicious."

Wang Fulai also took a bite and it was indeed delicious. It was also his first time to eat braised pork, but he did not show it like his brother, saying, "Well, it's delicious."

Feng Xi saw that Wang Fulai and Wang Fulin both loved it and said, "If it's delicious, eat more."

Wang Fulai glanced at Feng Xi, then lowered his head to eat fried noodles. Fortunately, he met Sister Feng Xi, and he will definitely work hard to make money in the future.

After Feng Xi and the other two finished lunch, they returned to Wang's house. After Feng Xi stayed for more than two hours, he said goodbye and went to Aunt Lin's house.