153

Chapter 153 Discussing Marriage

Mother Feng looked at Xu Hai and nodded with satisfaction, it seems that this young man is not bad.

She tasted a piece of fish and found that the cooking skills were surprisingly good.

The fish was tender, fresh and delicious, and the cooking time was just right.

Feng Xi liked eating fish the most, it seems that Xu Hai has put a lot of effort into it.

Feng Chao could only silently wipe his sweat for Xu Hai in his heart, he had experienced it before when he married Xia Qing.

Feng Wan tasted a piece of chicken and said to Feng Xi in surprise: "Second sister, second brother-in-law is a really good cook!"

Feng's father glared at Feng Wan, picked up a piece of duck meat for Feng Wan, and said: "Don't talk while eating, kid!"

Feng Wan looked at the duck meat in the bowl with disdain. Dad is really annoying. He knew she didn't know how to eat duck meat, but he still picked it up for her!

Seeing that Xu Hai was a little nervous, Feng's mother said, "Xu Hai, eat more. You are a good cook. Do you cook often at home?"

"I am the only one living at home. Now I usually eat in the factory cafeteria. In the future...if you need to, let me cook."

Feng's mother nodded again with satisfaction. Her daughter must not become a housewife in the future.

After hearing what Xu Hai said, Feng's father's expression improved a little.

After finishing the meal, Feng's mother asked Xu Hai many questions, almost asking all of Xu Hai's ancestors.

Feng's father looked like he was reading the newspaper seriously, but in fact, he had been listening to the conversation between Xu Hai and Feng's mother.

Xu Hai did not show any impatience and answered all of Feng's mother's questions seriously.

On the contrary, he was very happy. Feng's mother asked him so many questions, which showed that she was considering his relationship with Feng Xi.

After Feng's mother asked Xu Hai, she became more and more satisfied with Xu Hai.

Especially since the two of them settled in Beijing after marriage, she didn't have to worry about it being difficult to see the daughter in the future.

Xu Hai saw Feng's father reading the newspaper, and thinking of Feng Xi saying that Feng's father liked to read current affairs, he took the initiative to talk to Feng's father about the latest news.

Feng's father didn't expect Xu Hai to talk to him about these things. Thinking that young people didn't know much about current affairs, he reluctantly told Xu Hai about current affairs for the sake of his daughter.

As they chatted, Father Feng didn't expect Xu Hai to be so much to his taste, and the two chatted all night without realizing it.

When Xu Hai was about to leave, Father Feng still had some regrets, and said that Xu Hai could come to him next time if he had any questions.

Xu Hai agreed repeatedly, and said that he would bring his parents to discuss the marriage when they met next time.

Father Feng: ............

Village Chief Xu received an urgent telegram from Xu Hai, asking him and Xu's mother to come to Beijing in the next few days to discuss his and Feng Xi's marriage with Feng Xi's parents.

After hearing the news that Xu Hai was going to get married, Xu's mother packed her luggage that day without saying a word, and urged Village Chief Xu to leave for Beijing as soon as possible.

It's not easy, the third child of her family, who is almost 30 years old, finally got married!

Xu Hai specially booked a high-end restaurant and invited the parents of both parties to discuss the marriage.

Uncle Feng was also transferred back to Beijing at this time. Hearing that Feng Xi was going to get engaged today, he also went to eat with them.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Xu Hai introduced the parents.

Mother Xu was responsible for chatting with Mother Feng. The two of them mainly talked about Feng Xi and Xu Hai.

Village Chief Xu didn't expect Uncle Feng to come, but this didn't bother him, because he used to have a good relationship with Uncle Feng.

Village Chief Xu took the initiative to start the conversation. He first talked about family matters with Father Feng, and then turned the topic to the fact that Feng Xi was imprisoned in the Revolutionary Committee when he went to the countryside. After building a good relationship with Uncle Feng, he went to conquer Father Feng.

No one cared about Feng Xi and Xu Hai, and their hands were intertwined under the table.

Finally, the parents of both parties agreed on the wedding date, which was set on the fifth day of the Chinese New Year, which was more than a month later.

Because the Civil Affairs Bureau was closed during the Chinese New Year, Feng Xi and Xu Hai planned to get their marriage certificate before the Chinese New Year holiday.

The person in charge of registration at the Civil Affairs Bureau remembered Feng Xi and Xu Hai. After all, the two were so good-looking that it was hard to forget them.

Moreover, she had worked at the Civil Affairs Bureau for so many years, but this was the first time she met someone who came to get married without a household registration book. This was really rare!

After leaving the Civil Affairs Bureau, Feng Xi looked at the marriage certificate in her hand with curiosity.

Xu Hai put the two marriage certificates together and said, "These two are treasures, give them to me for safekeeping."

Feng Xi pouted. She had seen them anyway, and there was nothing special about them, so she gave them to Xu Hai for safekeeping.

After Xu Hai put away the marriage certificate, he said, "Wife, I will take you to see the new house. It has been decorated and is waiting for you, the hostess, to move in."

Feng Xi was a little shy when she heard the word "wife", but she nodded obediently. She also wanted to see what the new house was like.

Xu Hai took Feng Xi to a large three-entry courtyard.

Feng Xi looked at the location of the courtyard and her heart was pounding. This is the city center where every inch of land will be worth a lot of money in the future!

Walking into the courtyard, there is a garden design outside and a Chinese-style decoration design inside, which is fresh and elegant. Feng Xi liked it at first sight and secretly thought about changing which courtyard to be like this.

Looking at Feng Xi's expression, Xu Hai knew that his young wife liked it. He took Feng Xi's hand and said, "Do you like it? I have prepared another one."

"Huh? You have prepared two new houses?"

Xu Hai nodded: "When I bought this house, I thought you would like it, so I bought it. The real new house is another one, with a different style, near your workplace."

The style of the other house is indeed different. It is the most popular European and American style ocean-style building at this time, plus a large courtyard with birds singing and flowers blooming.

Xu Hai hugged Feng Xi tightly from behind: "Let's have the wedding banquet in this house, okay?"

Feng Xi leaned on Xu Hai: "Okay!"

"Do you like it?"

"I like it!"

"Are there any rewards?"

Feng Xi turned around and offered her cherry lips.