55

Chapter 55 Antique Bottles

Auntie Lin invited Feng Xi into the house and said, "My niece, you are finally here. I just called my old sisters here. Some of them wanted to exchange gold for meat. But they didn't dare to give it directly without seeing the meat. But I persuaded them to bring these old things. What do you think?"

Feng Xi looked at the table. Most of them were Yuan Datou coins from the Republic of China and copper coins from the Qing Dynasty. She didn't know how much they would be worth if they were sold in modern times. She only knew that Yuan Datou coins were probably worth hundreds to tens of thousands, and copper coins from the Qing Dynasty seemed to be quite valuable.

Seeing that there were still a few vases on the table, she thought for a moment and asked, "Auntie, how much do you think is appropriate for these things?"

Auntie Lin felt a little guilty. She thought Feng Xi would not want these things, so she quickly said, "These copper coins are worthless. My old sister has a lot of them. I estimate that two cents each is the most expensive. But this Yuan Datou is made of silver. Although these are not popular now, they should be at least fifty cents each. I heard that these two bottles are from the Qing Dynasty. I don't know about these. Niece, take a look at them yourself."

Feng Xi didn't understand either. It seems that she has to go back to modern times to supplement her knowledge of antiques.

But antiques are very cheap now, and no one should sell fakes.

"Auntie Lin, let's do as you said. The copper coin is two cents each, the Yuan Datou is fifty cents each, and these two bottles are also fifty cents each. Do you think this is okay?"

Auntie Lin nodded. This is really great. Her sister told her that she would sell the bottle for thirty cents, the Yuan Datou for fifty cents, and the copper coin was even less valuable. No one would want it for even a cent. I didn't expect Feng Xi to actually buy it.

"Okay, okay, by the way, niece, do you still want these copper coins? If you do, I'll charge you more next time."

"Yes. Then I'd like to thank Auntie Lin first."

"Oh, I should thank you first. Niece, can I buy meat next time?"

Feng Xi didn't say it too sure, and said vaguely: "I think I can. I'll try my best."

Then Feng Xi counted the number of copper coins. There were quite a few, fifty, and six Yuan Datou coins. Feng Xi gave Auntie Lin five yuan and left the town with Auntie Lin's warm farewell.

After Feng Xi returned the bicycle to Tang Qingqing, he went home and ordered a takeaway of beef noodles, went to bed with the copper coins, Yuan Datou and antique bottles he bought today, and then returned to the modern world.

When he woke up again, it was already past six o'clock in the evening. Fearing that the antique shop would close, Feng Xi changed his clothes and went out with a ten-cent copper coin, a Yuan Datou and a blue antique bottle.

He took a taxi to the nearest antique shop, and Feng Xi was glad that the antique shop was not closed yet.

The owner of the antique shop was a kind old man. When he saw Feng Xi, he said, "Miss, do you want to buy antiques?"

Feng Xi put the copper coins, Yuan Datou and bottles on the table in front of the two people and said, "Hello, boss. I am not here to buy antiques, I am here to sell antiques. Can you take a look at these?"

When the old man heard that Feng Xi was here to sell antiques, he took out his glasses, picked up the bottle and looked at it carefully.

This was incredible. The more he looked at it, the more surprised he became. He said, "Miss, this vase is from the official kiln of the Qing Dynasty. If it is auctioned, it will be worth at least seven figures. Are you sure you want to sell it now?"

When Feng Xi heard that the vase was worth seven figures, she suddenly became uneasy. She thought it was only a few tens of thousands of yuan. She smiled and said, "Then I will think about it again?"

The old man thought it was normal to hear Feng Xi say that she would think about it. This young lady probably had to use the money urgently, so she took out the family heirloom to sell.

Feng Xi was a little puzzled when she saw the pitying look in the old man's eyes. She thought the old man might have misunderstood something.

The old man thought Feng Xi was in a hurry to use the money to sell these antiques. After carefully looking at the copper coins and Yuan Datou, he didn't bargain too much and said, "This Qing copper coin and Yuan Datou are quite ordinary. This copper coin is 400 yuan, and the Yuan Datou is 800 yuan. Do you want to sell these two?"

Feng Xi nodded: "Yes."

Feng Xi took the money given by the old man. She thought this old man was very good. , so he took the opportunity to ask: "Grandpa, I'm quite interested in antiques recently, but I'm afraid of being cheated. What kind of books do you think are suitable for people like me who are just getting started?"

The old man understood immediately. This kid probably has antiques at home, and this kid is in a hurry to use money, so he is afraid of being cheated. So he should help him, anyway, he has nothing to lose.

Feng Xi wrote down the books that the old man said he wanted to buy, as well as some tips for appreciating antiques, thanked the old man for a long time, and then took a taxi home.

There was no way. With a seven-digit vase in her hand, Feng Xi felt that her hands were shaking. She decided to go home and put it in the safe first.

After returning home and putting away the antique bottle, Feng Xi went to the bookstore and bought more than a dozen books in one go.

He has a photographic memory, he is so willful.