The Supreme Leader and the Cheerleaders (11)

Cheerleading went on as usual as the days followed. Kaede seemed to ease up on Himiko, but she continued not to speak to her. Kokichi and Himiko made sure not to show each other any affection before the competition. On the morning of the competition, however, Himiko couldn't help but feel overwhelming anxiety. Kokichi and the girls had taken a bus to a large high school in Tokyo, where the competition was going to be held. 

   "Oh, my gosh! I can't believe we're finally here!" Hina said in hushed excitement. 

   "I know!" Sonia agreed. "I did not know all these people were going to show up!"

   "Yeah! There must be, like, a kajillion people here," Hiyoko said, observing the flood of people coming into the school entrance.

   "Obviously, they're here to see the golden-brained genius at work!" Miu said. 

   "Hey, I'm way cuter than you!" Hiyoko spat. "If anyone's gonna get a standing ovation, it's going to be me!"

   "Will you two please get over yourselves?" Kaede snapped. The others looked at her in surprise.

   "You're still butthurt about messing up after the game last week, huh?" Hiyoko taunted. 

   "Hiyoko, like, that's enough!" Kokichi ordered. Hiyoko immediately shut her mouth. "Now, c'mon, girls, we need to prepare. So, let's go find the locker room, and discuss our routine there." The girls followed Kokichi to the girls' locker room located in the gym that was slowly, but surely, filling up with more people. Cheerleading teams from other schools around the country were either practicing their routines, or conversing amongst themselves on the gym floor. 

   "Okay, so what do we do, first?" Sonia asked eagerly.

   "'Kay, so we're going to combine all the routines we'd practiced the past few weeks," Kokichi explained. We'll start our routine by doing Fuji Flips. Then, we're going to do the Ice Cream Cone, Seven Little Monkeys, and then finish with the Cheery Blossom Tree."

   "What?! We gotta do all that?!" Miu asked in frustration.

  "You got a better idea?" Kokichi asked, raising an eyebrow. 

   "Well...n-no..." Miu replied sheepishly. 

    "If we wanna win, we have to make sure our routine is the best," Kokichi insisted. "By combining all of our routines, we'll win for sure!" 

   "Well, if you are sure...I'll trust you," Sonia said with a cheerful smile. 

   "Yeah! You've gotten us this far, Chi-Chi!" Hina said. 

   "Yeah! What you lack in boobage, you sure make up for in bein' trustworthy!" Miu said. 

   "Ugh...must you always say something so pervy and stupid?" Hiyoko asked testily.