Kokichi Time (1)

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon..." Kokichi muttered with concentration as he played one of his favorite games, "Seven Nights At Frank-o's," a video game about surviving a whole week as a security guard at an amusement park while avoiding deadly animatronic clowns. He was doing well until one of the clowns came out of nowhere and jumpscared him. 

   "SHIT!!" he screamed in frustration. Suddenly he heard a knock on his door. "It's open!" he briefly called out as he continued to focus on the game. Himiko entered the room with excitement.

  "Nyeh...hi, Kokichi!" she said, wrapping her arms around him.

   "Hey, babe," Kokichi muttered without looking at her.

   "What'cha doin?'" Himiko asked, kissing his cheek.

  "Playing 'Seven Nights At Frank-o's,'" Kokichi mumbled. 

  "I think I got something better than that!" Himiko exclaimed cheerfully. 

   "Pfff...nothing is better than this," Kokichi replied, keeping his eyes glued to the screen.

    "Nyeh...how about these?! " Himiko said, pulling out two tickets from her pocket. "Two tickets to...DeepBlueSea World, the biggest aquarium/ocean-themed amusement park this side of Japan!"

   "Does it involve killer animatronic clowns?" Kokichi asked.

   "Um...no."

  "Then, nah," Kokichi replied, briefly shaking his head. Himiko slumped her shoulders in sadness.

   "Kokichi..." she mumbled. "Don't you wanna hang out with me, anymore?" Kokichi looked at her, then paused his game. He stood up and faced her.

  "Well...Himiko," he began. "Listen, don't take this the wrong way, but...we do almost everything together, y'know? We eat together, go to school together, play pranks on people, and go on magic quests together..."

   "Yeah?" Himiko said in a small voice with a small shrug.

   "Basically, we're always together," Kokichi concluded. 

   "Well...yeah," Himiko said. "We're boyfriend and girlfriend. I thought we always do things together."

  "And don't get me wrong, it's fun," Kokichi said, giving Himiko a comforting pat on the shoulder. "But...every once in a while, I just need some Kokichi time, y'know?" 

  "Oh, but...what about DeepBlueSea World?" Himiko asked quietly. "I really thought you wanted to go." Kokichi shrugged in thought.

   "Well...I'm sure you can find someone else to go with you," he said. "What about Tenko? I'm pretty sure she'd love to go with you!" Himiko shook her head sadly.