Pyramid Scheme (11)

The magic path led Himiko back into the room with the wall filled with hieroglyphs and back through the wall that Kokichi had blown up.

  "W-Wait! That t-tunnel has the b-beetles in it!" Kaito stammered. 

   "Nuh-uh! Not all of them!" Kokichi replied. "Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are the only ones left!"

   "Stop messin' around! I seriously don't wanna go back in there!" Kaito said with a shudder.

   "If Himiko can get us out of here, then we must go through there one last time," Kiyo pointed out. 

   "Y-Yeah...why don't you be b-brave...like me?" Miu stuttered. 

   "BOO!!" Kokichi yelled, jumping out from behind Miu. Miu let out a shriek of terror and cowered in fear. "Mwa-hahahahahahaaaa!!!" Kokichi laughed evilly. 

    "Ugh...you asshole!" Miu exclaimed in frustration, glaring at Kokichi.

   "Stop playing around," Kiyo demanded. "Let us keep following Himiko!" They followed Himiko through the tunnel. Kaito and Miu huddled close to Kiyo, while Kokichi ran to catch up with Himiko. They came across the scarab beetles, who moved out of the way for them just like they had done the first time they came through the tunnel. Finally, they entered the room with the large drawing of Queen Yuwanapisami.

   "A-hahaha...that wasn't so bad," Miu said, chuckling nervously. 

   "Y-Yeah, but...why are we back here?!" Kaito asked. "Himiko, is there a way outta here?" Himiko didn't answer. She just kept walking forward towards the queen's burial chamber. 

   "There she goes, actin' all bizarro, again!" Miu said. 

   "No matter," Kiyo said. "Let's just follow her into the chamber and-" But before Kiyo and the others could follow Himiko inside the chamber, a strange, purple force field appeared in the doorway, blocking them out.

   "Hey! What the hell?! We can't get through!" Miu shouted. 

   "What is this?!" Kiyo exclaimed, pushing against the force field.

   "Hey!! Open up!! We gotta get through!!" Kaito yelled, punching and kicking the force field.

    "Himiko! Himiko!" Kokichi exclaimed. He pressed his face against the force field, hoping to catch a glimpse of Himiko. He knew this had something to do with her magic, but the fact that he didn't know exactly what was happening to Himiko at that moment concerned him. The magic path led Himiko to the sarcophagus in which the queen was buried. Still in her trance-like state, Himiko lifted the lid from the sarcophagus and peeked inside at the mummified queen. Himiko blinked as she came out of her trance and looked around the room in confusion.

   "Nyeh? What am I doing here?" she asked herself quietly.