Substitute Kokichi (4)

Himiko led Fuyuhiko to Casa V3. Some of the others stopped in confusion when they saw Fuyuhiko with her.

   "Um...heeey, Himiko," Tsumugi said. "What are you doing with Fuyuhiko?"

  "Kokichi's not enough for ya, huh? So, you wanna get a taste of Fuyuhiko now, huh?" Miu teased.

   "NO!! EVERYONE STOP SAYING THAT!!" Himiko exclaimed angrily. 

   "We apologize Himiko, but it is a little strange for you to bring another boy home while Kokichi is gone," Kiyo said. 

  "It's nothing like that!" Himiko said.

  "Well, then why is Fuyuhiko here?" Ryoma asked. 

  "Hey, Himiko, maybe this is a bad idea," Fuyuhiko said. "The others are right. Maybe I should go-"

   "NO!!!" Himiko shouted, grabbing Fuyuhiko. Then, she turned to the others. "I wanted to hang out with Fuyuhiko while Kokichi's gone because...because...well..." She hesitated at what she was about to say, afraid that everyone would make fun of her.

   "Haha, it's because he sounds like Kokichi, right?" Kaito said. 

   "Because he sounds like Kokichi?" Maki repeated in bewilderment. 

   "But you agree that he does, right, Kaito?!" Himiko asked.

   "Yeah, I think so," Kaito replied with a nod.

   "Show them, Fuyuhiko!" Himiko said. Fuyuhiko sighed. Then, he smiled a Kokichi smile.

  "Nee-heehee...hey, everyone! My name is Kokichi Ouma!" he said. The others' eyes bugged out. 

   "Wah! He really does sound like Kokichi!" Kaede exclaimed. 

  "See?" Himiko said in a small voice. "Hearing Fuyuhiko's voice is the only thing that'll keep me from feeling so lonely without Kokichi."

   "Um...Himiko? I know how you feel, but dragging Fuyuhiko everywhere you go and listening to him talk isn't going to help you," Kaede said. 

   "Yeah, no offense, short stuff, but all it does is make you look sad and pathetic and clingy," Miu said.

   "You didn't have to say it like that!" Tsumugi said. "That was just plain rude!"

   "It was rude, but I get where Miu is coming from," Shuichi said kindly. "Himiko, it's okay to miss Kokichi, but I think holding Fuyuhiko here against his will just to hear his voice is taking it a bit too far."

   "I mean...I'm not really being held here against my will," Fuyuhiko said.