The Earth Kingdom (4)

Hearing Kokichi whisper those words sent a chill down Himiko's spine. She looked at him. He looked back at her with a smile as he wiggled his eyebrows up and down. Himiko thought it was weird why he was being so cheerful about it.

   "About what?" Himiko whispered back. 

   "Nee-heehee!" Kokichi giggled out loud as he wrapped both his arms around Himiko and kissed her cheek.

   "Ugh...what are you doing?" Himiko whispered. "Why are you acting like that?"

  "I love yoouuu..." Kokichi sang out loud. He turned back to see Bonnie smiling back at him endearingly. "Oh, sorry! Am I being rude?" Kokichi asked.

   "Not at all," Bonnie replied kindly. "It's rather cute, honestly."

   "Okie-dokie!" Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin. Then, he turned back to Himiko to whisper into her ear. "Make it seem like you're giggling and flirting with me while I whisper."

  "Um...okay?" Himiko replied, raising an eyebrow in confusion. 

   "She's not going to see the king," Kokichi whispered. 

   "Hee-hee...Kokichi, stop it," Himiko cooed, pushing Kokichi away bashfully.

   "Nooo...I love you," Kokichi replied back, and kissed Himiko's cheek.

   "How can you tell?" Himiko whispered.

   "She hesitated when she said she was going to see the king," Kokichi whispered back before booping Himiko's nose. 

   "So...what is she really going to the kingdom for?" Himiko whispered, feeling her insides turn to ice. 

   "I dunno, but this is exciting!" Kokichi whispered back. Himiko didn't think so, however. She felt her guts being tied up in a knot. She hoped Princess Bonnie wasn't here to cause trouble, especially since she and Kokichi had come here expecting not to stay long. They soon came across a tree, where they heard frustrated grunts of struggle. 

   "No, you're not reaching up high enough!" one of the voices said. 

   "I can't help it if I'm small!" whined another voice. They turned around the tree to see two small creatures with one of them standing on top of the other one's shoulders. They were trying to reach some honey from a beehive.

   "Hey! More elves!" Kokichi exclaimed. The creatures turned in surprise to look at Kokichi, Himiko, and Bonnie.

   "We're not elves!" one of them said with a frown as the dwarf on top lowered himself onto the ground.

   "Nyeh...they're dwarfs," Himiko corrected.