Miu and the Mechanic (End)

"So...gonna go to sleep happy tonight, HimiCocoa Bean?" Kokichi asked. Himiko was sitting on her bed while Kokichi was sitting on the chair in front of her desk, spinning himself around. 

   "Mmm...not yet," Himiko admitted. "There's something I need to take care of first."

   "What's that?" Kokichi asked, leaning on the back of the chair with curiosity. He watched as Himiko wordlessly stood up from her bed and headed out of the bedroom. She walked down the hallway until she arrived at Miu and Kaede's room, and knocked on the door. Kaede answered the door.

   "Oh! Um...hey, Himiko," she said. She still felt awkward after Himiko's outburst at Miu. "What's up?"

   "Nyeh...I was wondering if you could leave me and Miu alone so we could talk?" Himiko asked timidly.

   "Yeah! Sure!" Kaede complied happily. She let Himiko in, and briskly left the room. Himiko saw Miu on her bed, sighing dreamily and staring at Miniruma with adoration. 

   "Nyeh...Miu?" Himiko said. Miu turned around and gave Himiko a small smile.

   "Heya, short stack," she said, making room so Himiko could sit on her bed. Himiko sat down and looked Miu in the eye.

   "Nyeh...Miu? I'm sorry I yelled at you last night," she said. Miu shrugged sheepishly.

   "Nah, it's okay," she replied. "I...kinda deserved it. If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have gone over to apologize to Kazuichi this mornin.' I'm glad I did, cuz...Kazuichi's actually a nice guy. He made me this." She showed Himiko Miniruma.

   "Nyeh..that's cute," Himiko said with a smile. "I'm glad you had a good time with him."

   "Yeah," Miu said softly. "Actually...there's somethin' I wanna ask him, but...I don't know if I should. It might be too soon, and I don't wanna come off as desperate." Himiko had a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach.

   "What...did you want to ask him?" she asked cautiously.

   "Well...I kinda...want him to...be my boyfriend," Miu answered, blushing. Himiko felt her heart leap with excitement. That was a much better answer than what she was expecting.   

   "Nyeeeeh...ask him!" Himiko said. 

   "D-Do you really think I should?" Miu asked. "We've only been on two dates, er...one, really."

   "I know, but this is your chance to get a boyfriend like you always wanted, Miu!" Himiko said. "You should take him before some other girl does!" Or before Sonia comes back, she thought to herself.

   "Well...okay. If you're sure," Miu mumbled timidly. 

   "I'm positive!" Himiko replied confidently. Miu smiled at her.

   "Thanks, Himiko," she said. Himiko smiled back at her, and the two girls shared a small hug. Himiko then stood up, and with a final wave to Miu, left the room, and headed back to her own, where Kokichi was waiting for her while he spun around in his chair. Himiko plopped herself onto her bed.