Chapter 1

I look around the party Chris was giving and sigh... Some girl is sitting in his lap and i roll my eyes... I have known Chris for a few years now... We became fast friends and became really close spending practically every free moment together...  I would be lying if i said there was nothing more on my end, but Chris never seemed interested...And why would he... I am not one of those women who looks like she belongs on a catwalk... Or in a movie for that matter... We once almost kissed but he pulled away... I sigh scolding myself for being so pathetic... I dont know why i do this to myself... Every party there is another girl and every time i hate myself for letting it bother me... 

I am torturing myself for someone who will never see me like anything more than a friend... I am not his type of girl and i have to let it go... It is not going to happen... I am torturing myself seeing him with a different girl every time and telling myself maybe one day... I was ridiculous for thinking he would ever notice me in any other way than his friend... I already never slept over anymore because he has no shame of the sounds coming from his bedroom when i am staying over whenever there is a party... It just hurt too much and to protect myself i made excuses to just go home... Slowly over time i distanced myself a little more to protect myself...

 While i got ready for the party i promised myself to let it go and just have fun see where the night would take me... Go with the flow sort of speak... Stop focusing on Chris and who knows what would happen if i opened myself up for it...

I shake my head to get rid of my thoughts and turn around looking for Scott... He sees me and waves me over... I smirk as he is standing at the beer pong table and when i step beside him, he tells the guys across from us that i will be his partner for this game... I recognize one of them as being one of Chris his close friends... I dont remember his name as Chris had introduced us ones but quickly had pulled me away... "Do you think you got what it takes to beat us sweetheart..." Chris his friend says smirking and i roll my eyes...

"Bring it on pumpkin..." I snap back at him, and he grins... "Well ladies first..." He says and i dont argue and just line up my shot and hit it in one of the cups... "Suck on that Josh... Now drink!" Scott yells and i smirk as Josh looks at me while downing the drink... "Oh it is tequila by the way..." Scott says and i groan... "Scott! You know what happens when i drink tequila..." I say rolling my eyes and he pats my back... "You got this Ava..." He says grinning and i sigh... Josh his partner i dont know at all and never have seen before lines up his shot and misses and i smirk as Josh groans... "Okay Scott dont let me down..." I say getting fanatic and he smirks throwing the ball and it lands perfectly in one of the cups and we high five... "Drink up Tyler!" Scott yells and i smirk at least i know their names now...

It is Josh his turn and he land the ball in the cup and i groan but not wanting to come across like a pussy i slam the drink down before getting in position and i smirk throwing the ball in the cup and Josh groans...

This goes on until Scott and i have won and i smirk at Josh... "How is your ego doing pumpkin..." I grin and he smirks... "My ego wants revanche..." He says with a boyish grin on his face and i had to admit he is cute... Scott and Tyler set up the game again pouring the cups with tequila again... Josh has made his way over to me and he looks at me with a smirk on his face... "What do you say we make it interesting..." He says and i look up at him feeling a little braver then usual due to the tequila... "What are you suggesting?" I say not backing down... "If i win you go on a date with me..." He says and i look at him stunned for a second a date... He wants a date with me... I swallow hard as i had not seen this coming... But i am intrigued... "And what if i win...?" I whisper and he smirks running his finger down my jawline... "That is up to you sweetheart..." He says grinning...

"If i win... You have to... jump in the pool... naked..." I say smirking knowing it is freezing outside... He looks at me stunned for a second but pulls himself together... He leans in and smirks... "If you want me naked sweetheart all you have to do is ask..." He whispers in my ear and i bite my lip to make sure i dont let him on that it sends a shiver down my spine... 

I chuckle and push him back my mind drifting at the feeling of his rock-hard abs under my fingertips wondering how it would look without his shirt... I shake the thoughts the alcohol making my mind run wild... I am holding out my hand for him to shake... "Take it or leave it pumpkin..." I say smirking and he laughs and shakes my hand holding it a little longer than necessary grinning at me while i stare back at him not wanting to be the first to break eye contact... "IT IS A BET!!" Scott yells breaking our little staring contest... Scott smirks at me and i chuckle but take a deep breath wondering what i got myself into but i was for sure going to enjoy it... Chris who?

"Ava and i are playing one on one! If i win she agreed to go on a date with me... If she wins i jump in the pool naked...!" He yells and this grabs the attention of a lot of people at the party and they gather around the table... "Okay ladies first..." Josh says and i roll my eyes but line up my shot and again the ball lands in the cup... He drinks and lines up his shot and the ball misses and i grin as he groans... I line up another ball and it lands in a cup again and i smirk at him... "Drink up buttercup..." I say smirking and he slams the tequila back and shakes his head...

He hypes himself up and i laugh as he misses by a mile, and everyone starts to cheer... "God i hope your dick is not going to freeze off..." I say smirking at him, and he squints his eyes at me taken aback by my candid remark... Everybody laughs and i chuckle... All of a sudden Chris pushes himself forward and i can see him whisper something in Scott his ear... Scott says something back smirking and slapping his shoulder, but Chris just looks at me shocked... The girl appears next to him and i roll my eyes as she is all over him trying to get his attention... I ignore it and turn my attention back on the game... Chris is not going to be the reason i lose this...

The game goes on and after a few more rounds he only got one more cup in front of him and i have got 4... I smirk line up and the ball lands in the cup perfectly and i put my hands in the air and the crowd that had built up during the game goes wild chanting for him to get his clothes off... "Time to pay up pumpkin..." I say smirking and Josh shakes his head groaning... "A bet is a bet..." I say still smirking... I chuckle and my eyes meet Chris again and he has this look in his eyes i can't place... I look away not wanting to know because it gives me a weird feeling and i dont want to feel like that anymore... Sometimes he would look at me and i swear i could melt on the spot, but it was probably all in my head... Josh sighs and walks outside followed by me and well almost everyone at the party...

He turns around at the edge of the pool... "Are you really making me do this...?" He says pouting trying to get out of it and i chuckle... I step closer putting my hand on his chest and look up... "Would you make me uphold my part of the bet if i had lost?" I ask in my sweetest voice and he nods swallowing hard... "Of course... I would have taken you out on a date tomorrow sweetheart..." He says looking down at me his eyes flicking from my eyes to my lips and i stand on my toes hovering my lips over his...