Barking Mad

As the quartet were on their way back from the trophy room the stairs moved of their own accord, and the four students found themselves going through the first door the found, hoping to avoid the stairs moving again, as they looked around they found themselves in a dark, dank corridor.

"Does anybody feel like we shouldn't be here?" Ron asked as Y/N hummed in agreement.

"That's because we're not supposed to be here, this is the third floor. It's forbidden." Hermione said when suddenly a brazier lit up and they heard Filches cat Mrs Norris come in behind them.

"Run, now." Y/N said as he took point, sprinting in the opposite direction of the cat.

"Quick, let's hide through that door." Harry said as they ran to it, Harry and Ron tried opening it but it was looked, Hermione moved them out of the way and used 'Alohomora' to unlock the door. They burst through the door and closed it behind them, Y/N was peeking through the keyhole until Filch left.

"He's gone." Hermione said as they stepped away to join Harry and Y/N.

"Probably thinks it's locked." Ron remarked.

"It was locked." Y/N and Hermione corrected.

"And for a good reason." Harry finished, they all looked at t a giant three headed dog as it woke up, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all screamed as they ran for the door but Y/N didn't budge an inch as the dog barked at him and moved towards him, snapping it's jaws at him but he just looked at it as it was mere inches from his face.

" Harry finished, they all looked at t a giant three headed dog as it woke up, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all screamed as they ran for the door but Y/N didn't budge an inch as the dog barked at him and moved towards him, snapping it's jaws at him bu...

"Try harder." Y/N said, he looked the dog in the eyes as Harry, Ron, and Hermione all looked at the scene. The dog looked at him before growling, yet Y/N still did not budge as he looked at it with a piercing gaze, eventually the dog sat down and Y/N turned, walking away and out of the room along with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who were all astounded by what they had just witnessed.

They returned to the Gryffindor common room, with the attention shifting from Y/N's apparent lack of fear to the fact that there was a three headed dog in the school.

"What do they think they're doing? Keeping a think like that locked up in a school?" Ron said as Y/N said nothing.

"You don't use your eyes do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione said as Y/N stayed out of the inevitable argument that Ron was going to make out of the statement.

"I wasn't looking at it's feet! I was a bit preoccupied with it's heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!" Ron said as they began walking up to the dorms.

"It was standing on a trap door, which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something." Hermione deduced.

"Guarding something?" Harry asked his interest piqued.

"That's right. Now, if you three don't mind, I'm going to bed, before any of you come up another brilliant idea to get us killed, or worse, expelled." Hermione scolded them all before slamming the dorm door shut behind her.

" Hermione scolded them all before slamming the dorm door shut behind her

"She needs to sort out her priorities." Ron remarked earning a look from Y/N before they all headed off to bed...

" Ron remarked earning a look from Y/N before they all headed off to bed