Greengrass Care

Y/N woke up in a hospital bed, watching a self writing quill on an endlessly scrolling parchment act as a heart monitor, he looked to his left and saw that he was hooked up to a series of potions. He winced, his time in the hole clearly having affected his eyes and ears somewhat, at least for some time he figured, they had a limit on how long you could stay in the hole for a reason, clearly Umbridge or whoever ordered his prolonged stay in the hole didn't understand why that limit was in place.

He looked around and saw two patients, he could barely make out their names.

"Longbottom?" Y/N whispered to himself as he looked around only to see Neville sitting next to him. "Hello Nev."

"All right Y/N?" Neville asked as Y/N nodded.

"Fine." Y/N lied as Neville looked to Y/N and the various potions he was hooked up to.

"I never thought I'd be seeing you here." Neville said as Y/N smiled.

"I'll be fine, I just need five minutes to get my bearings." Y/N lied again. "How've you been?"

"I could be worse... could be better." Neville admitted as Y/N nodded. "Every time I come here, I hope they'll recognise me... they never do."

"Fucking Crouch Jr." Y/N muttered under his breath.

"Neville, it's time to go." Neville's Grandmother said as she looked to the boy.

"Okay. Get well soon Y/N... see you at school."

"Take care Neville." Y/N said with a kind smile.

Fifteen minutes passed until Y/N heard a commotion from outside.

"I need to see him-" a familiar, yet muffled voice said.

"Darling, you can't-" Adorabella's voice said as the door opened and in walked Daphne along with Astoria.

"Y/N." Daphne said as Astoria gasped at the sight. They both gave him a delicate hug as Daphne looked at him. "How long... what..."

"Six weeks... in the hole, food once every 2 weeks." Y/N said as Daphne looked shocked. her face went from one of shock to one of rage, and immediately the looked at him.

"Umbridge. She did this didn't she? This isn't right, you look ill, you're as green as grass." Daphne asked as Y/N said nothing for a moment, thinking.

"I don't know for certain."

"Well, I'm sure I can find out." A voice said from behind Daphne, Y/N looked over to see a man standing in a suit. It was Daphne's father. Arthur Greengrass. "Hello there."

Ian McShane  as Arthur Greengrass

"Mr Greengrass." Y/N said with a smile as the man looked at him.

"I must say, Adorabella was right when she spoke of your condition. I'll be looking into this, whoever is behind this, I'll see to it that they are arrested for attempted murder, corruption, or attempted line assassination. Mark my words Y/N."

"I doubt the line assassination angle will work sir, given... well you know."

"That does not disclaim the attempted assassination of you. You've been out of touch with your siblings for some time Y/N. For all you know, they're dead-"

"Oh, I'd know if any of my family were dead, I'd get the blame from the rest of them." Y/N remarked as he sighed.

"Never the less Y/N. I will look into this matter, and I will let you know what I uncover." Arthur said as Y/N nodded.

"Thank you Mister Greengrass." Y/N said as he smiled at Astoria hugging him. "How've you been Stori?"

"I've missed you." Astoria said as Y/N smiled.

"I've missed you too Stori." Y/N said as he hugged her and then Daphne. He spotted Adorabella, Daphne's Mother, coming in, her healers robes flowing.

"Daphne, Astoria, I must insist on you leaving now, Y/N has to speak to someone and then he needs to get some rest." Adorabella said as Y/N groaned. "Don't you groan like that with me young man. You're not leaving that bed until I'm satisfied you can walk, not even the minister or Dumbledore himself have a say on this matter."

Y/N smiled at Adorabella, seeing that behind the stern words, there was care, certainly more than he had ever gotten from his own parents, not that he would know much about that.

As Daphne and Astoria left with Arthur, Y/N looked at Adorabella.

"Now, Mr L/N, how are you feeling?"

"Better after seeing and talking to the girls." Y/N said as Adorabella smiled, looking at him.

"It's nice to know Daphne still has you." Adorabella said as Y/N smiled.

"She always will."

"I know... I miss the days you and... your other friend would come and visit, you three used to play out in the garden for hours, it was more of a challenge getting you in the house than out of it." Adorabella said as Y/N looked at her and half smiled. "... where did it all go wrong, Y/N?"

"... we... I failed to stop what happened to my other friend, and I failed to see that I was being made a fool of." Y/N said as Adorabella looked at him, she saw that the sweet young boy she remembered watching play in the garden with her daughters was gone, in his place was a man hardened by the pain and torments of Azkaban and life. "I still remember your roast dinners that you used to do on Sundays, the roast potatoes were so crispy on the outside but soft on the inside, the crispy chicken skin, chicken, cauliflower, Yorkshire puddings, and gravy... its been just on half my life since I had one of those, I still remember them all like it was yesterday, that's how I've kept going. Surviving in prison... it's a state of mind, you tell yourself that the porridge you're eating or the watery cauliflower cheese is something better, you imagine you're just having a quiet night in. And you tell yourself, you do what you have to in order to make it to the next quiet night in."

"You've always been strong Y/N, but what the ministry haven't counted on is this." Adorabella said as she pointed to his heart. "You've got heart, you don't go down easily, that's what they underestimate about you. Now, going to let you rest, apparently you've got an appointment tomorrow. Y/N?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you, saving my daughters last year." Adorabella said as Y/N nodded.

"Always." Y/N said as he relaxed...