Fight and Flight...

Y/N, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all gathered with the rest of their class in the courtyard for their first flying lesson with Madame Hooch. As the teacher approached she was putting on a pair of gloves while she walked in between the two rows of students stood next to their brooms eagerly awaiting their first flying lesson.

"Good afternoon, Class." Hooch called out.

"Good afternoon, Madame Hooch." The entire class responded.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now. Hurry up." Hooch said as all of the students obeyed her orders. "Stick your right hand over the boom and say, 'up'."

The whole class began to say up, both Y/N and Harry managed to do it first try, their brooms ascended into their hands. Malfoy was smug about also managing to do it first try, with Y/N's arriving before he could finish saying the word.

Hermione was trying but the broom was rolling around on the ground, but she was doing better than Ron was.

"Up, up." Ron commanded and the broom flung up and hit him in the face earning a laugh from Harry and a chuckle from Y/N. "Shut up, you two."

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it and grip it tight

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it and grip it tight. You don't want to be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground hard. Keep your brooms steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3, 2..." Hooch blew her whistle and Neville lifted off from the ground and continued to rise. "Mr Longbottom...M-M-Mr Long- Mr Longbottom!"

Neville began to fly away while panicking, it was like his broom had a mind of its own.

"Come back down this instant!" Hooch demanded as she watched the broom fly into a wall repeatedly before flying through the crowd of students that barely managed to part in time to avoid the rogue broom. The broom took Neville pas a statue wielding a spear and Neville's robes got caught on the spear, The robes eventually ripped and Neville fell, his descent being slowed down by a brassier on the side of the building catching his robes, he fell out of the robes and landed on the ground. "Everyone out of the way!"

Hooch ran over and inspected Longbottom.

"Come on, get up." Hooch said comfortingly.

"Ow! Ow!"

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, dear. That's a broken wrist." Hooch said before tutting sympathetically. "Good boy. Come on now. Up you get."

While Hooch was checking on Longbottom Y/N and Harry spotted Malfoy picking up Nevilles Remembrall.

"Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say 'Quidditch'." Hooch said as she left with Neville.