Let's Dance

"The Yule Ball, has been a tradition of the Quadwizard Tournament since it's inception. On Christmas eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost, a dance." McGonagall explained, students began chattering among themselves, Hermione glanced over to Y/N who looked at her, there was chatter through the classroom as Ginny and Hermione looked at.

"Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." McGonagall said sternly.

"Try saying that five times faster

"Try saying that five times faster." Y/N challenged Fred and George who began trying to say the phrase five times faster.

"Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight."

"Something's about to burst out of Eloise Midgen but I don't think it's a swan." Ron remarked earning a nudge in the ribs from Y/N who glared at him and shook his head.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley." McGonagall said as she approached Ron.

"Yes?" Ron mumbled.

"Will you join me please?" McGonagall said as Ron nervously stood up, Y/N and Harry pushing him forward gently with smirks on their faces.

"Today really is not Ron's day is it?" Harry remarked to Y/N and the Twins who smiled and shook their head.

"Now...place your right hand on my waist." McGonagall said as Ron looked shocked.

"Where?" Ron asked.

"My waist." McGonagall said bluntly as Ron put his hand on her waist, Y/N wolf whistled at them causing Ron to move his hand off of McGonagall's waist to try and raise two fingers at him but McGonagall pulled Rons hand back to her waist. 

"Make sure he buys dinner as well." Y/N remarked earning a grin from McGonagall who shook her head at him. "Ron, make sure you get a phone number."

The class giggled amongst themselves as Y/N looked at him.

"Mr L/N-"

"Sorry Professor, you'd never sink as low as him." Y/N said as he looked at Ron who looked fuming.

"Everybody come together now, Boys, on your feet." McGonagall said as most of the boys stayed sat down, Y/N and Neville were the only ones who stood up, with Y/N walking up to Hermione who smiled at him, Neville stood opposite Lavender Brown who gave a polite smile to him.

As Y/N and Hermione danced together Hermione and Ginny swapped places, with Y/N and the girls smiling into each other's eyes.

The next few weeks Harry and Ron were trying to find the right opportunity to ask the girls who they wanted a dance with to be their partners, or in Ron's case, he was just trying find the opportunity when Y/N wasn't there to kill him for even thinking about who he wanted to ask.

Harry was trying to ask Cho Chang out, but since their breakup, his confidence with girls had taken a bit of a knock.

Y/N and Harry were sat by the black lake, with Y/N revising, while Harry was working up the courage to ask Cho Chang out.

They looked up and saw Krum stretching, showing off, he turned, expecting to see Hermione, and winked, only for Harry to look at Y/N who was pretending to be flattered and blushing as a gaggle of girls chased Krum chattering among themselves.

"Winker." Y/N remarked to himself, making Harry chuckle, Y/N may have used it before on Lockhart, but it was just as funny to Potter as it was two years ago.

"Honestly Harry, I don't know why you still want to go out with her-"

"You're shagging your ex-wife Daphne, hypocrite-"

"That's different, Daphne and I broke up on good terms, she broke up with you and it was hardly good terms." Y/N said as Harry nodded. "Get some self respect and stop going after her like a lost puppy, move on and find another girl. What about Hannah Abbot?"

"No, she's not my biggest fan-"

"Right now if that's a prerequisite you're fucked for choice." Y/N said as Harry smiled.

"Good point."

"What about one of the Beauxbatons, maybe that girl from Nevermore, what's her name?" Y/N asked trying to think of it.

"Wednesday?"

"No, we want you to attend, not be found dead. No, we'll have to keep thinking." Y/N said as he thought...