Memory Man...

Y/N, Harry, and Ron were all stood in front of Dumbledore in his office.

"You all three realize, of course...that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules and Y/N has violated the only absolutely inviolate rule." Dumbledore stated as the trio nodded.

"Yes, sir." They all said in unison.

"And there is sufficient evidence to have the three of you expelled. You especially Y/N."

"Yes, sir." They all said in unison.

"Therefore...it is only fitting...that you three should receive...Special awards for Services to the School." Dumbledore said as the trio looked at one another with smiles.

"Thanks, sir." Ron said as Dumbledore stood up with a letter in his hand.

"And now Mr. Weasley, if you would, have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban. I believe we... we want our gamekeeper back." Ron nodded and left to send the papers away. "Harry and Y/N...First, I want to thank you both, boys. You must have shown me real loyalty down in the Chamber. Nothing but that could have called Fawkes to you. And second...I sense that something is troubling you. Am I right Harry?"

"It's just--You see, sir, I-- I couldn't help but notice certain things...certain...certain similarities between Tom Riddle and me." Harry said as Dumbledore nodded slightly.

"I see. Well, you can speak Parseltongue, Harry. Why? Because Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue. If I'm not mistaken, Harry, he transferred some of his powers to you the night he gave you that scar." Dumbledore explained.

"Voldemort transferred some of his powers to me?" Harry asked as Dumbledore nodded.

"Uh-huh. Not intentionally. But yes."

"So the Sorting Hat was right. I should be in Slytherin." Harry stated.

"It's true Harry. You possess many of the qualities that Voldemort himself prizes. Both you and Y/N in fact possess the qualities. Determination, resourcefulness, and if I may say so, a certain disregard for the rules. Why then did the Sorting Hat place you both in Gryffindor? Y/N especially could have been in any of the four houses, I was half tempted to make a new one just to end the hatstall. So, why were you placed in Gryffindor.

"Because we asked it to place us there."

"Exactly, Harry. Exactly. Which makes you both different from Voldemort. It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices. Harry, I you want proof of why you belong in Gryffindor, then I suggest you look more closely at this." Dumbledore said as he presented Harry with the sword that he used to kill the basilisk, Harry grabbed the sword by the blade making Y/N drop his head and pinch the bridge of his nose while laughing to himself. "Be careful."

Harry read the name that was on the blade of the sword.

"Godric Gryffindor."

"It would take a true Gryffindor to pull that out of the hat." Dumbledore said as he looked to Y/N, the headmaster went to speak, but before they could continue their discussion, Lucius Malfoy burst through the door and following behind him was a house elf.

"Dobby! So this is your master. The family you serve is the Malfoys." Harry said as Dobby whimpered at the glare from Lucius.

"I'll deal with you later." Malfoy snarled at Dobby. He approached Dumbledores desk and used his cane to shove Harry aside "Out of the way, Potter."

He was about to do the same to Y/N but the boy clenched his fists and glared at him.

"Please, try, give me a reason. I beg." Y/N said as Malfoy decided to go around, Y/N pretended to barge Lucius by accident, when really, he was pickpocketing some money from the man. Y/N walked over to Harry and showed him the coins, earning a smirk from Harry.