Hear All About It...

The Quartet were heading down to see Hagrid about the trial. As they walked out into courtyard the mood between Ron, Hermione and Y/N was frosty.

"Beautiful day." Hermione stated, turning to glance at Y/N as she said the statement. The moment was ruined by Ron piping up about Scabbers.

"Gorgeous. Unless, of course, you've been ripped to pieces." Ron snapped at Hermione and Y/N, with the latter just giving him a death glare and shaking his head warningly.

"Ripped to pieces?" Harry asked. "What are you talking about?"

"Ronald has lost his rat." Hermione answered.

"I haven't lost anything. Your cat and Y/N's killed him!" Ron accused.

"Bollocks." Y/N dismissed.

"Harry, you've seen the way those bloodthirsty beasts of theirs are always lurking about. And Scabbers is gone." Ron sulked.

"Well maybe you should learn to take better care of your pets!" Hermione snapped at Ron.

"Your cats killed him!" Ron responded as they walked onto the wooden bridge that lead them to Hagrid's house.

"Did not!" Hermione defended.

"Did."

"Didn't." Hermione answered.

"I find it astonishing that someone who prides herself on being so logical can be in such denial." Ron claimed.

"Harry. Will you explain to your friend Ronald that he has absolutely no proof whatsoever, that either my sweet, unassuming cat, or Y/N's mini ocelot, ate his shabby, decidedly decrepit rat." Hermione said as Y/N smiled at her.

"Harry was there! He'll tell you both how it was. Go on, Harry, tell them." Ron said, pressuring Harry which Y/N disliked, he went to stop Ron and the argument but Harry had beaten him to it.

"No, I won't. Know why? Because I don't care about your stupid rat! I don't care about your stupid cats! I've got a few other things on my mind right now!" Harry snapped as Y/N felt his heart drop, he knew this was just all of Harry's feeling about the Sirius situation coming to fruition, and he blamed himself, for not spending more time with his friend.

"Really? Wasn't you who had to roll under to the bed last night to avoid getting cut to ribbons! A person could die being your friend, Harry!" Ron stopped himself immediately after saying the words, wishing he could take it back, they all wished he could.

They all avoided each others eyes and continued walking to the spot that Hagrid had told them to meet him.

They found Hagrid stood by the great lake, up to his knees in water skimming rocks the size of dinner plates.

"How did it go, Hagrid? The hearing?" Hermione asked as they all found a spot to get comfortable, Harry was sitting on a tree trunk on his own, Ron was sulking on his own while Y/N and Hermione stood together on the beach.

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there." Hagrid said before skimming a stone. Y/N looked confused.

"Wait, who was on this bloody committee, they didn't know the basic context behind the case yet they still pass a sentence?" Y/N said in disbelief.

"Mad, I know." Hagrid remarked before skimming another rock.

"And then what?" Ron asked.

"And then I got up and did my piece, said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. And then, Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, Y/N, you can imagine. He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as look at you." Hagrid explained.

"He should meet me some time, he'll soon realise he's what creature he's talking about." Y/N remarked.

"And then?" Hermione asked.

"And then he asked for the worst, did ol' Lucius." Hagrid stated.

"They're not sacking you." Ron asked with a defeated tone.

"No, I'm not getting sacked." Hagrid said as he skimmed a stone, letting out a sob. "Buckbeak's been sentenced to death."

Hagrid let out a weep as he threw a rock, this time not skimming it, the rock just plunked into the river as Y/N felt the rage in him build, his hands clenched into fists, Hermione noticed and put her hand on his, giving him a sympathising look before they all headed back to the Gryffindor tower for the day, not feeling like doing anything else, they just went and done their separate thing, Y/N and Hermione studied, with Y/N helping Hermione in keeping up on all of her extra work. They went to their separate dorms for an early night, they would need as much energy as possible to put up with Trelawny in 'Divvy-nation' tomorrow morning...