The Execution...

The Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked out into the courtyard, wearing their muggle clothes, Y/N was looking into something, though he had been quiet about what it was.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak, it's just too horrible." Hermione remarked as they stepped off the bridge and onto the hill where they found Malfoy and his goons laughing about Buckbeaks impending death.

"Did I tell you, Father said I can keep the hippogriffs head, I think I'll donate it to the Gryffindors common room." Malfoy joked as Hermione's fist clenched, he was taken aback by Hermione storming towards Malfoy.

"Look who's here." Crabbe said as Malfoy and his other friend turned to see the quartet.

"Ah, come to see the show?" Malfoy said cockily.

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" Hermione snapped as she drew her wand and used it to pin Malfoy against a standing stone.

"Hermione, no!" Ron said with a pleading tone. "He's not worth it."

"He might has well have killed Buckbeak himself!" Hermione said trying to justify her want to curse Malfoy.

"And he'll get you expelled if you curse him." Ron said as Hermione slowly lowered her wand and pretended to walk away before turning and punching Malfoy in the face.

" Ron said as Hermione slowly lowered her wand and pretended to walk away before turning and punching Malfoy in the face

"Punching the little prat is fine however." Harry remarked earning a smirk from Hermione and Ron as Malfoy and his goons ran away.

"That felt good." Hermione stated as Ron looked at her.

"Looked good too." Ron stated with a smirk as Hermione's brow furrowed and they headed down to Hagrids hut.

When they arrived at the hut they all looked at Buckbeak who was sitting outside chained to a post, the Quartet went into Hagrids hut and Hagrid poured tea for everyone.

"Oh, look at him. Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through 'em." Hargid reminisced.

"Why don't we just set him free?" Harry suggested.

"Ah, they'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore would get into trouble. He's coming down, you know, Dumbledore. Says he wants to be with me when they...when it happens. Great man, Dumbledore. Great man." Hagrid said as he went to sit down but was distracted when one of his pets called out.

"Hagrid why does that thing look like Salacious B. Crumb from Star Wars?" Harry asked trying to lighten the mood, it did get a toothy smile from Hermione. Hagrid even understood the reference to a degree, but Ron looked at a complete loss.

"We'll stay with you, too, Hagrid." Hermione said after realising that she had began to stare up at the castle, wondering why Y/N thought what he was working on was more important than supporting Hagrid.

"You'll do no such thing. Think I want you seeing something like that? No, you just drink yer tea and be off. Oh, before you do, Ron... " Hagrid began as he headed over to a tin and pulled Scabbers from it.

"Scabbers! You're alive." Ron gasped in disbelief.

"Wanna keep a closer eye on yer pets Ron." Hagrid said. "I've heard about you being at each others throats all year, and I'm disappointed in ye all, no matter the situation, friends come before pets, don't you lot ever forget that."

"Sorry, Hermione." Ron said as they both smiled and left it at that. The awkward silence was shattered by one of the pots nearby smashing, Harry turned to see a stone in the wreckage. He picked it up and showed it to Hermione but they were interrupted by another stone hitting Harry in the back of the head.

"Ow!" Harry exclaimed as he turned hoping to see who was throwing the stones but his attention was drawn by Minister Fudge, Dumbledore, and The Executioner approaching. "Hagrid."

"Oh, Crikey. It's late. It's nearly dark. You shouldn't be here. If someone sees you outside the castle this time of night, you'll be in trouble -- big trouble. Particularly you 'Arry." Hagrid panicked as he pointed at Harry. A knock came at the door. "I'll be with you in a moment!"

Hagrid shooed them out of his hut through the back door. The quartet snuck out the hut and hit behind the wall of pumpkins as they waited for the opportunity to leave.

"It is the decision of the committee for the disposal of Dangerous Creatures that the hippogriff known as Buckbeak, hereinafter called the condemned, shall be executed this day at sundown." Fudge declared as they heard Dumbledore trying to comfort Hagrid, Hermione heard a twig snap behind her and turned, thinking that she had seen something.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I thought that I just saw...never mind." Hermione answered as Ron got their attention.

"Psst, let's go." Ron said as he lead them up the hill to the stones where they had their confrontation with Malfoy and his goons earlier. The bell tolled as they saw the Executioner approaching Buckbeak and raise his axe before bringing it down making a slicing noise and the ravens that had gathered flew away. Hermione put her arms around herself as she sobbed at the death.

The sombre silence of moment was shattered by Ron gasping as Scabbers bit him and began to run away, with Ron in pursuit

"Ron? Ron?!" Hermione called out as she and Harry chased after Ron until they found themselves near a tree.

"Harry, you do realize what tree this is?" Hermione asked as Harry gave a nod.

"Ron, run!" Harry called out as Ron looked up at them and looked more panicked by what he saw behind them than he was by the whomping willow.

"Harry, Hermione, Run! It's the Grim!" Ron yelled as Harry turned fast, but he wasn't fast enough, the Grim had bound past him and was dragging Ron towards a hole in the ground near the base of the tree, as Ron went down the 'rabbit hole' his screams went quieter until they became silent altogether...