Quidditch

It was the day of both Y/N and Harry's first quidditch match, it just so happened that the match was against Slytherin and would be refereed by Snape. Harry was nervous, he had not eaten much and was playing with his food.

"Take a bit of toast, Harry. Go on." Ron said.

"Ron's right, you're both going to need your strength today." Hermione said as she saw Snape approach.

"I'm not hungry." Harry said as Y/N saw Snape as well.

"Good luck today, Potter and L/N. Then again now that you've proven yourselves against a troll, a little game of quidditch should be easy work for the both of you...even if it is against Slytherin." Snape said before limping away.

"Careful Hans Gruber, your nose nearly took my eye out." Y/N said as Ron looked to Y/N confused, while Harry and Hermione smiled.

Harry saw Snape limping out of the hall and turned to the group.

"That explains the blood." Harry said as Y/N realised he wasn't the only one to notice it.

"Blood?" Hermione asked.

"Listen. Last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion, so he could try and get past that three headed dog. But he got himself bitten. That's why he's limping." Harry surmised.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione said as Harry remembered Gringotts.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret." Harry explained as Y/N began to run the possibilities through his head.

"Snapes not trying to steal something, believe me, I know the type." Y/N said calmly he continued to eat.

"Look at everything we know Y/N, tell me you can't at least entertain the notion." Harry said as Y/N chuckled.

"Look at everything the ministry told you about me through papers, you gonna take that as gospel? Potter, I know what a crook looks like, I can spot them from miles away, Snape may be a hate filled git with the charm and grace of a pubic louse, but he's no criminal, and he's certainly not trying to steal what Hagrid took from the Vault." Y/N said calmly but with a hint of authority.

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry said as they heard both Hedwig and Y/N's family owl, Samael  screeching above them as the two owls flew in with packages that looked suspiciously like broomsticks.

Harry opened his to reveal a Nimbus 2000, there was no note on the package but he looked over at McGonagall and saw her petting Hedwig while smiling at him.

"Open yours, Y/N." Harry said as Y/N opened his package to see a broom, The Hexer 3500, it was a broom from Poland. The broom handle itself was black, with the area that Y/N would hold onto when flying wrapped in black leather, the very tip of the handle looked like a pommel, it was almost like a handle that belonged on a sword, there was an insignia on the metal pommel, it was the image of a wolf baring its fangs, the rest of the broom was made of a shiny light metal, seemingly silver, but it also had a cushioned seat. The bristles on the broom were finely clipped, it was obvious that Y/N took great care of his broom, as the bristles were clipped for form small waves like those in one's hair. The small cushion had two small metal loops, one on either side, looking like a stirrups. 

Y/N found a note.

'Well done on getting into the team, hopefully this should help you win, not that you'll need help. - Mother and Father'

"Hello and welcome to Hogwarts' first quidditch game of the season. Today's game -- Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" Lee Jordan said over the magic megaphone. The crowds erupted into cheers for each team. "The players take their positions as Madame Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game!"