Bridges Burning

Y/N was with Harry trying to think of a girl that Potter might be able to take with him to the ball.

"This is ridiculous Y/N, if I need my best mate to help me get a date for the ball then how much of a chance do I stand?" Harry said as Y/N sighed.

"Come here." Y/N said sternly, Harry approached him.

"What?" Harry asked as Y/N smacked him across the face. "What was that for-"

"Sometimes you need a smack." Y/N said as he looked at his friend. "Just to knock the idiot out of you."

"Wha-"

"Harry, look in the mirror mate, you're not Ron, so stop being insecure. Just be yourself." Y/N said as he looked at Harry. "If I can somehow get a girlfriend, then you can. Go and show Cho what she's missing."

"What about Astoria, you don't really act romantic with her-"

"Unless you want to take a deep breath through your fuckin' forehead, I'd stop that train of thought right there." Y/N said as Harry smiled to himself at seeing turn protective.

"Point made." Harry said as Y/N nodded. "Come on, let's just head back to the hall. Who are you taking by the way?"

"Hermione. Daphne's taking Ginny."

"Knew you'd choose Hermione-"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Y/N asked as Harry smiled.

"Y/N, everyone knows you love the girls equally, you love them and they love you, but you and Hermione, there's something special between you two, with everything you and her have been through over the past few years." Harry said as Y/N looked at him.

"You've been with me for just as much of that, and I'm not asking you out." Y/N said as Harry laughed.

"Yeah, I'd pass if you were, you're not exactly a looker." Harry joked as Y/N smirked.

"Cheeky bastard." Y/N remarked to himself as he walked alongside Harry. The pair of them were heading up to the bridge leading to the castle when they passed the Patil twins.

"Hey Y/N." The girls said in unison, giggling to themselves in unison, Y/N turned his head slightly to look at the passing girls, the pair of them glancing back and catching him looking sending him a wink.

"I don't know how you do it." Harry said. "Is there any girl you won't try and shag?"

"Yes, plenty. I'm just popular with girls that's all, and so would you be if you moved on from Cho and grew a bloody backbone." Y/N said as Harry sighed.

"It's not that easy Y/N-"

"If you're about to go on about how she broke your heart and everything, do it when I'm not there, I don't need to feel nauseous on my way to lunch." Y/N said as he looked at Potter. "She ditched you the first sign that being with you might be difficult for her reputation. So I say, fuck her, you pick yourself back up, get back in the game, kop off with some one you like, show her that she's missing out on the-boy-who-hated-his-nickname."

"You make it look so easy... how?"

"You really want to know?" Y/N asked as he looked at Harry.

"Yes." 

"I am just... naturally awesome." Y/N said jokingly as Harry laughed before sticking the middle finger up at Y/N.

"Okay... fuck off, that was terrible." Harry said Y/N laughed at him.

"Idjit." Y/N remarked as he looked at Harry.

" Y/N remarked as he looked at Harry