Christmas...

The quartet were reporting their suspicions about Snape to Hagrid.

"Nonsense, why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid dismissed as they all walked to Hagrids hut for tea.

"Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three headed dog on Halloween?" Harry responded.

"Who told you about Fluffy?" Hagrid asked as Y/N looked at him with a brow raised.

"Fluffy?" He said as Hermione said what he was thinking.

"That thing has a name?"

"Well, o' course he's got a name, he's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..."

"Yes?" Harry asked hoping that Hagrid would finish the sentence.

"Shouldn't have said tha'. No more questions. Don't ask anymore questions, tha's top secret tha' is." Hagrid said, realizing he'd revealed too much.

"But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." Harry insisted. Hagrid stepped in front of the quartet.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione said as Y/N nodded.

"Exactly, I know what a jinxed broom looks like, I've seen my fair share, it wasn't a rogue broom, someone used a jinx on Harry's broom." Y/N stated as Hagrid sighed.

"Now you listen to me, all four of ye'. Yer meddlin' in things tha' ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel." Hagrid warned.

"Nicholas Flamel?" Harry repeated.

"I shouldn't 'ave said tha'. I should not have said that. I shouln't 'ave said tha'." Hagrid repeated over and over before walking away.

"Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asked himself as both Y/N and Hermione were stumped, something that up to this point was an unseen sight

A few weeks passed by and were mostly uneventful, snow began to blanket Hogwarts, and Hagrid was pulling two Christmas tree's into the school when Y/N and Ron encountered him and offered to help.

"You need help with the trees Hagrid?" Y/N asked as the game keeper smiled.

"No thank you. Merry Christmas to the both of ye." Hagrid said with a smile as he continued pulling the trees.

"Trying to make some money Weasley, after all you have to buy yourself Christmas presents with how little your lot get paid." Malfoy said as Ron turned to face him, Y/N put his hand out to stop Ron doing something he would regret. "At least my mother cared about me enough to let me go home for Christmas."