Nick Valentine ➵ Drunk

Nick Valentine
Fallout 4
Warning: Alcohol Abuse, Cursing

Nick ValentineFallout 4Warning: Alcohol Abuse, Cursing

I hiccuped in my spot in the Dugout Inn. Vadim looked at me sadly. I sat in a spot in the couch, drunk, sobbing over the fact that I had murdered my own son. The last thing I had from Nate. I let tears stream down my face, refusing to make a noise. I stumbled to the bar, "Yefim... another drink..."

"I'm Vadim, Y/N. You know this. And no more shitty drink for you."

I threw my empty glass at a wall and Yefim sighed audibly from across the room, bringing his broom over. I clenched a fist on the counter, "Vadim... Get me another damn drink."

He frowned and did so, and I placed a small amount of caps on the counter. I stumbled back to my spot, and popped the lid, tipping my head back to drink. I wiped at my bottom lip and closed my eyes as the crappy Moonshine practically replaced the blood in my veins.

My own son! I had killed him! What kind of parent was I? Obviously not the good kind. Even MacCready, a mercenary, traveled miles on top of miles just for his son. I coughed a little as tears fell rolled down my cheeks. I heard a series of voices on the other side of a thick wall.

"Where?"

"Same spot as always, Nicky."

I heard a disappointed sigh, "Alright. Thanks for calling me over... Again."

I slumped into my chair as Nick entered the room. He sighed, standing in front of me. He slid his hands in his pockets as he sat next to me. Gently taking the drink from my hand, he passed it off to a nearby waiter. His metallic hand placed itself over my arm, "Y/N... what are you doing here again? I thought we got you off of this..."

I hiccuped sobs, leaning heavily into Nick, "I know... It's just the nightmares... Of Shaun... and Nate... they make me remember when all I want to do is forget. I can't sleep because when I sleep I dream and I don't want to dream!"

"Y/N, what you did-- you saved hundreds, maybe millions, of lives. There's no reason to be upset. That man... He wasn't your son. Your son died the moment he was taken by the Institute. He was raised to be someone else, and that someone else wasn't your son."

I wiped my tears and looked at him, "Nick, you still love me, right?"

"Of course."

I nodded, sinking into his trench coat. He helped me to my feet, wrapping my right arm around his shoulders as he guided me to our house near his workplace. I flopped on the bed as more silent tears fell onto my pillow. I looked over to Nick, "Are... Are you going to sleep tonight?"

"Y/N... you know I don't need sleep."

I held out my hand, "Then can you come lay with me?"

"Sure."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??