Robert MacCready ➵ Pregnancy

Robert MacCready
Fallout 4
Warning: Pregnancy

I stood on top of a stool, pinning lights around the rim of our interior walls

I stood on top of a stool, pinning lights around the rim of our interior walls. MacCready handed my the string of lights and thumbtacks along the way.

I'd recently found out that I was pregnant with his child, and wasn't sure how to break it to him. I knew he wouldn't be upset, but still. At this point, I was just shocked he hadn't noticed. We held small talk, and I smiled, "What do you want for Christmas?"

MacCready shrugged, handing me another line of lights, "Nothing. You're all I need, so if you're happy, so am I."

"What about your kid?"

He frowned, "You mean Duncan?"

"No. I'm asking about your other kid."

He chuckled, "Are you drunk? We've known each other for seven years. You know I don't have another kid."

"You will soon."

Not looking at him, I continued my work, pinning up lights. Once I ran out of thumbtacks, I held out a hand for more. I looked to him, and his face was pale as he stared up at me, eyes wide, "Are you...?"

"I'm empty handed so if you could give me some-"

He put the thumbtacks on the counter near by, and grabbed my hand, yanking me down and into his arms, "You're pregnant! What the hell were you doing up there?! What if you fell and hurt yourself?!"

I smiled, wrapping my arms around him, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I wasn't sure how to break it to you."

He clenched his jaw, and pulled away, putting his hands in my stomach gently, "How do you know...?"

"I went to Dr. Sun in Diamond City, then Doctor Amari, in Goodneighbor. They both confirmed it."

His face flushed and he split into a grin, "What're we gonna name the little punk?"

I shrugged, "I dunno yet. For now, lets just see how Duncan handles it. You can usually look at things and know the name instantly, so lets hope that thats the case here."

He stood up, kissing me before running off to tell Duncan the news. I heard him shout it to Hancock, who gave a sharp whistle in reply. Nick congratulated us. Danse raised his eyebrows in disbelief. Cait asked if she could try to dent my stomach. Curie wanted me to give her status updates every ten minutes. Deacon fainted. Preston was overjoyed and asked if we'd raise her to take over as General. Piper laughed and said that raising a kid was tough. Codsworth was happy that I could finally raise a kid without my spouse going off and dying. Dogmeat spun in a small circle and barked quietly. MacCready proceeded to practically cry and whine about it for a week straight.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??