Nate ➵ New

Nate
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

"Damn! Get your head out of your ass, it's like you just crawled out of a Vault

"Damn! Get your head out of your ass, it's like you just crawled out of a Vault... or... Holy shit did you just crawl out a Vault?"

"Yes! But fuck, less talking more running!"

I whistled for my dog, who looked away from the Super Mutant he'd gotten hold of, skipping alongside me and my new friend. We got to a good spot, taking down some of the big green bastards with some Diamond City Security by our side. Once done, I huffed, seeing Piper and McDonough arguing inside the Diamond City gates, "Are you trying to get in there...? Sorry, what's your name?"

He held out a rough hand, "Nate. And yeah... I'm looking for a missing person."

I scoffed, putting a hand on my hip, "Look, handsome, if you're lookin' for a missing person, only one person in Diamond City will help you, and he's still getting used to being back after I saved his ass from a Vault."

He sighed, "Damn... so, you're saying literally no one in that large city will help me?"

"Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying." I winked, "But luckily for us, I'm not in the City yet. Follow me back to my place and we can figure some stuff out." He did so and we went to my home at Home Plate. He looked around, not hesitating to kick off his boots at the door and place his gun down. I smiled, "Well damn, just make yourself comfortable." He sat at my table and I looked in my fridge for food for the two of us, "So? Who you lookin' for?"

He swallowed thickly, "My... My son."

"Good god... How old?"

"Not even a year..."

I sighed, placing a chunk of Mirelurk meat in front of him and one in front of myself, tossing two forks onto the table, "Damn... even kids ain't safe. Well, it must have been hard for them to target your specific kid in whatever Vault you were in. Why didn't you stop them?"

He explained how he was frozen and how he lost his wife and whatnot, wrenching my heart. I smiled softly, "On second though, let's go see Nick. He has the brains, I have the guns, and you have the beauty. Let's go, hot stuff, maybe he's got something to say about it. Maybe give us a lead or two." I saw the look on his face and sighed, "I ain't flirting with you by callin' you babe and whatnot. Guess I picked up some speech from some of the guards around here. I use them as terms of endearment. Now come on. We have a case to solve."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??