Paladin Danse ➵ Date Night

Paladin Danse
Fallout 4
Warning: None

Paladin Danse Fallout 4Warning: None

I smiled. Date night. Nothing in the world was quite like it. Once a week, Danse would do something special for me. It made my week, each time.

Today, he had set up a small table in his quarters, with a candle on the table, and opened the door with his elbows, two plates in his hands. He shut it with a swift kick of his foot. I couldn't help but grin dumbly at him as he set the plates down and seated himself. He snapped, "I forgot something. Stay here, will you? Start eating, too."

I did so, stabbing a small pile of pasta and twirling my plastic fork. I always had to start eating before Danse. Due to his military time, he always ate extremely fast, and usually had the hiccups afterwards. He came back, shutting the door and locking it. I rose, my eyes tearing up and a hand going to my mouth in disbelief. I approached cautiously. In his fist, a bouquet of flowers. Real flowers. Clean, nice smelling flowers. I gently fingered a soft petal, and Danse handed the bouquet to me. I sat at the table, touching them gingerly, "I... how did you find these...?"

He sat in front of me, eating, "We visited an old flower shop. They still had some in the basement. The radiation gave them the same effect as they give a ghoul. I don't think these can die. Or, if they can, it will be a few more years down the line."

I set them inside my cup of water and put them on the nightstand. It immediatly made the room nicer. We finished eating, and Danse pushed the table back to the corner of the room it was originally in. He went to his radio, turning on a station he found good enough.

He stood in front of me, holding out a hand, "They don't give dance lessons here, so I might be a bit rusty, but... May I have this dance?"

I couldn't stop beaming. He was the perfect man. How did I land this?

I placed my hand in his, and before I knew it, he pulled me to him, our chests against each other and our arms locked. He put his left hand in my hip, and I put my right palm on the back of his neck, gently tangling the small, black hairs there. We simply swayed for a while, and he twirled me slowly. I looked to him, beaming. His eyes watered and I immediatly stopped, cupping his face, "What's the matter?"

A tear rolled down his rough facial features, and I wiped it off gently with my thumb. He smiled, "I don't think I've been this happy since joining the Brotherhood. You're incredible." Our bodies went back into the motion, and I kissed him sweetly before pulling away. He smiled softly at me, making my heart flutter. He always had that effect on me.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??