Kent Connolly ➵ Interest

Kent Connolly
Fallout 4
Warning: None

I heard a loud knock on the door, fumbling with what was in my hands and putting it down before going to answer

I heard a loud knock on the door, fumbling with what was in my hands and putting it down before going to answer. I looked through the small peephole, seeing Kent. This was his first time coming over to my place, and for once, it was actually clean! Totally not just because I wanted to impress him. I opened the door, stepping to the side and letting him walk by me before closing it again. He spoke, looking around my living room, "You have a really nice house, Y/N."

I smiled sweetly, "Thanks Kent. Follow me and I'll show you around."

He did so, and I showed him my kitchen, where the bathrooms were, and every other room in my house except for mine. He pointed to the door, "What's in there?"

I blushed, "If... If I let you see, promise not to get weirded out?"

He nodded, saying there was no way my room could be worse than his. I opened the door, keeping my eyes on the ground.

I couldn't help it. What was there not to like about the Silver Shroud? Who doesn't like a Pre-War hero? My walls were covered in movie posters and framed comic books, which, in my opinion, were the best ones in the series. I even had a stupid cardboard cutout in the corner of my room. Kent looked around, his eyes trying to capture everything at once. I watched as a small smile formed on his lips as he pointed to a comic book, "Is that Season Four Issue Fifteen?"

I nodded and he thought for a second before speaking again, "Did you know that that one wasn't even written or drawn by the author of the other ones. Someone just made their own comic book and threw it in there and nobody minded because it was so good. I think the author actually hired the person."

We walked out of my room, and I tried to ask this in a not rude way, "How do you know that?"

He shrugged, "Well, I live in Goodneighbor, and we have a whole radio station that plays the Silver Shroud stuff from before the war. I-I'm the guy that runs it. I know just about everything there is to know about- about the Silver Shroud."

I smiled, "Do you know who the main villain is in the last series?"

He frowned, "They didn't finish them because the bombs dropped, but it's obvious that it was..." We went on nearly all night, me asking him questions, and him dutifully answering them. We even managed to get the show functioning on my TV, and feel asleep facing the screen.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??