Porter Gage ➵ Boss

Porter Gage
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

Porter GageFallout 4 Warning: Cursing

"Ain't it nice, boss?"

"Yeah... It's great... Why do you keep calling me boss?"

Gage shrugged a shoulder, the metal armor on his chest shifting with a creak, "Because... Well, because you're the boss, ain't you?"

I stood on my wooden elevator, staring over Nuka World, "Yes... But I'm not your boss. You work with me, not for me. I mean, you used to, but not anymore."

He stood next to me, with his back to the land, leaning back, "I thought I still did, boss. I mean... you ask me to do somethin' and I do it, so you're still the boss of me."

"So... that's what our relationship is...?" I frowned slightly, "Just... boss and worker?"

Gage shifted uncomfortably, rubbing the small hole at the end of his gun-- even if it was only to keep himself from looking at me. He sighed, "I mean... we're friends too, right?"

Ouch.

"Right... Well, if we are friends, then why do you keep calling me boss?"

He sighed, thinking for a second, "Because... Well, I can't really say because I don't know. I mean... you know how some people in relationships are... how they call each other 'babe' or whatever. That's just weird to me... So I call you boss."

"I thought you said we were friends."

His cheeks pinked, "Well, I mean... We are friends..." He paused for a second, his gorgeous eyes meeting mine, "But we're also more than that, right?"

I raised a brow. Now we were getting somewhere, "Do you want to be more than friends?"

He was quiet for a long time.

I sighed, "Gage, if you want to say no, just say no."

"But I do want to be more than friends. I'm just... not good with talkin' about this sorta stuff, boss. Feelin's and whatnot. Makes me uncomfortable. Like wearing pants that are too tight, you know?"

I chuckled lightly, "Yeah, I know. So, what are we now, Gage?"

"Do I really gotta say it, boss?"

I grinned, mocking him, "I'm the boss, so you gotta do what I say."

He rubbed the back of his neck, "Makes me feel real cliche to say, but I guess we're... dating, right boss?"

I shuddered, "That's so weird to say. I feel like those are Pre-War words, you know? Reminds me of a cliché cheerleader and jock couple in high school."

He frowned, "What's a jock?"

"Someone who plays sports, Gage."

"And what's a cheerleader?"

"Someone who cheers for the jocks, Gage."

"And what's high school?"

"Where they go to learn, Gage."

"So... Is Nuka World our Highschool?"

I grinned. It was funny, knowing Pre-War terms and things. It was difficult to keep in mind that these people had never been to school before, hence why they were Raiders. I shook my head, "We're a little too old for Highschool."

"Speak for yourself, boss. You're two-hundred years old for fucks sake!"

I smiled inwardly. Gage only cursed around people he was comfortable with, whether he admitted it or not. I guess even a Raider has some manners... Well... This Raider did, at least. "Well, how old are you, then?"

He shrugged, "Lost count a few years back."

He seemed so unbothered by it. I gasped at him, "Seriously? You don't know how old you are?"

"I mean, my guess would be maybe around my mid to late thirties, boss. Does it matter?"

"I guess not... Does that mean you don't know your birthday?"

He shook his head, "Naw, boss. I know my birthday. Just don't know what year I am."

"Well, when's your birthday?"

He walked into the living room, "Gosh, boss... Do I really got to tell you? It ain't gonna matter anyhow."

"If it doesn't matter, then tell me."

"I mean, there aren't even real dates anymore, so even if it did pop up, we wouldn't know it..."

"I have a calendar on my Pip-Boy. But if you don't want to tell me... Let's just make a deal, alright? What do I have to do for you to tell me your birthday?"

He blushed slightly, and I realized how that could've been perceived, and how it was perceived by him. He held his hands up a little, "You, uhm... You don't gotta do nothin' boss... Nonetheless I ain't tellin' you."

"Tell me, or I'll kiss you."

"Pardon?"

"Tell me your birthday, or I will summon everyone in Nuka World, and kiss you in front of them. Then I'll call you 'snookie' or some other head-ass name."

"Woah, boss... No need to go to such drastic measures... Why do you even wanna know my birthday anyways?"

"Because I just do. Now tell me."

I sat on a stool next to him, and he propped his elbows on the bar next to me, "It ain't that big of a deal. It's April first."

I whistled, "April Fool's Day! That's Deacon's favorite holiday!"

"Who's Deacon? And what's a holiday?"

"It's just something we used to celebrate before the war. Everyone would play tricks on each other. I don't think you'd like it very much. Me and Deacon are the only ones who celebrate it anymore, I guess. I would introduce you two, if I thought it wouldn't end up in a fight."

"What do you mean, boss?"

"I mean... you're a Raider, and back home, I'm a little bit of a goody two shoes; as hard as that is to believe. This is where I come to unwind." I took his hand in mine, "What happens in Nuka World, stays in Nuka World, alright?"

"Sure thing, boss. My lips are sealed."

"Not for long."

"What?"

"What?"

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??