Paladin Danse ➵ Permission

Paladin Danse
Fallout 4
Warning: Sexual Humor, Light Cursing

Paladin Danse Fallout 4Warning: Sexual Humor, Light Cursing

"Hush, Y/N. You're hurt."

"No way I'm-- Duh I'm hurt, Danse!"

"Don't yell. I don't want you to pass out, soldier."

I was hurt pretty bad. Obviously. I went out last night on a little capture-the-flag mission while Danse was asleep. It wasn't supposed to be a big deal... well, up until the moment where two gunners... turned into forty-one. I hardly got out, and to be honest, I was amazed I had! There was this one woman with the name 'Tessa' carved on the chest of her power armor, and she had a modified fist on her suit. While I had my back turned sneaking, she managed to get behind me and punch the back of my knee out from under me. I cried out, immediately notifying all the other gunners around.

I hardly got out, luckily these two ghoul parents and their son took me in. I can't express the humiliation I felt when I threw down my first Vertibird grenade. It picked me up, and brought me back to face Danse. He stood on the deck with a frown on a face and disappointment shadowing his features.

I now lay in our bed, my knee shattered and my shirt tattered from the bullets that ripped it apart. He pulled up a stool, changing into his comfortable clothes. He got out a mixture of medical supplies he had stowed in the cabinet for such an occasion. He pulled out a canister of jet, holding it to my lips, "I don't condone the use of chems, but this may be painful, and I do not want you to feel it."

I inhaled deeply, just how the Mayor of Goodneighbor taught me. I looked at the smoke unfurl towards the ceiling, letting out a dumb giggle. Danse sighed, pulling up the sleeves of his dirty grey hoodie, and wiping his palms on the thighs of his jeans. I smiled, looking at him, "You're fine as hell, you know that?"

"Yes, I know that."

He put a large hand on my shoulder, pushing me gently back onto the bed. I leaned up again, and again he settled me. I gave up, sinking into the pillow calmly, my knee throbbing. Danse fluttered the sheet off of me, examining the large swelling that took place around an ugly green bruise. He looked to me again, his eyes sad, "Your knee's broken. You won't be able to do much for... quite some time. I'll have to get the doctor to check this out, but I can take care of that bullet hole near your waist, if you'd like, of course."

I giggled, "Even asking for consent to heal me? These other boys should be takin' notes! Fix me up, Felix!"

He sighed, "God I hate when you're doped up. I'll fix you up, if not because I love you. You're gonna have to bear with me, soldier. Please be as still as possible, and keep quiet as best you can. I've already rang for the doctor to come look at the knee of yours. Doesn't that sound good?"

"Yeah th... that sounds good. You know, after this we should have se--"

He blushed, "O-kay! That's enough of that! You're hurt, and you're high. Just hush and stay still."

"Rude."

There was a knock and Danse yelled over his shoulder for the knocker to enter. Maxson and the doctor entered. The doctor immediately began to work on my leg, and Maxson stood over Danse's shoulder, asking for an analysis of... well, of me. Danse grabbed my hand gently, saying I'd be okay but that I couldn't run any ops anytime soon. Maxson left. After bracing my knee up and getting a full cast formed to it, the doctor gave Danse some medicine I'd have to take, and left. Danse looked to me, and by now, I began to mellow out of my high.

I smiled at Danse, rubbing his rough knuckles with my thumb, "You're a doll, you know that?"

He sighed, "Yeah, I know. Why the hell did you leave? And why didn't you tell me where you were going? Or ask me to go with you?"

I groaned, "Because Danse, it was personal business."

"Personal for who? What were you even getting from Quincy?"

"You remember Nick? He needed help with some personal stuff, and I was helping. I just needed a holotape from the police station in  Quincy. He said there would be gunners, but I didn't expect that place to be their whole base of operations!"

"God damn it... Look, soldier... Y/N... I don't care what you were doing, but you should have told me. I would have gone with you. And what if you had gotten killed? I wouldn't have even known where to begin looking for you!"

I moved my hand from his, grabbing the pain pills from his other hand and popping one, crunching it between my teeth to get it to work faster. He frowned. I looked at him, "It was supposed to be an in-and-out mission. I was supposed to be back before you even woke up."

"But here we are." He ran a hand down his face, taking his hoodie off and straightening out his shirt, "Look, I am in love with you, okay? If you died... or didn't come back... I don't know what I'd do. Please just... promise me you won't do anything foolish like this without at least telling me... or inviting me to join you." He raised a brow, holding up a pinkie and wielding a small smile.

I chuckled, latching my pinkie to his, "Promise."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??