Robert MacCready ➵ Nail Biting

Robert MacCready
Fallout 4
Warning: Pregnancy

"Deacon, be serious! I need your help, I don't know how to tell him!"

Deacon's smile faded a little, "Well, were you guys trying for kids or was it an accident?"

"We were trying, but I still don't know how to lay it on him..."

Me and MacCready tried for kids recently, and afterwords, he managed to scavenge a bunch of pregnancy tests. The first one turned out negative so I waited and tried again, only to be met with a happy blue plus sign. So I consulted Deacon. Since he has secrets of his own, he surprisingly understands the importance of keeping them. We spoke about it for a while, and we finally came up with something. MacCready and Duncan were both out for the day (he was teaching the boy how to shoot), so why not just leave the test around the house for him to find? Duncan will think it's a thing to check your temperature and won't give it any mind, so it should work out fine.

I bid Deacon off, and placed the positive test by the fridge, where I'd known MacCready would eventually be after coming home.

I sat around, reading magazines and relaxing. The front door opened and I stayed on the couch, a small smile on my lips as Duncan rushed over to give me a hug before running off to his room to put his new gun under his bed. MacCready leaned over the back of the couch, pushing his lips to mine. Duncan hopped back into the room, sitting up on my stomach. It wasn't painful or anything, but I didn't want to show the small worry I had. He opened a comic book, telling me a theory he had about how a character hadn't really died and how he might have lived and whatnot.

With a small smile, I watched his father walk over to the fridge when his eyes froze on something atop the counter. He shut the fridge, moving and staring over it. He slowly took his hat off and put his elbow on the counter, rubbing his eyes with his fingers. He picked the positive sign up, staring at it, running his fingers through his hair over and over again. He looked to me, eyes watering and cheeks red from the smile on his face. He rushed over, practically throwing Duncan over the back of the couch and scolding him to get off my stomach. I smiled at him as Duncan walked back around to where his dad was kneeling beside me.

MacCready held up the test, looking to me, "This is serious?"

Tears formed in my eyes as well, from the obvious joy in his, "It's serious."

He let out a sob and wrapped his arms around me. Duncan had worry on his face, "What's wrong daddy? Do you have a fever? Is she sick? Are you okay?

MacCready wrapped his arm around Duncan and pulled him into the hug. Confused, the young boy wrapped his arms around me. He pulled away looking to the test in his hands, "This is..."

He stumbled over his words before bolting out of the house and yelling for Hancock and anyone else he wanted to tell the good news. I sat up and Duncan sat next to me, "Is daddy sick?"

"No, honey." I hugged him from the side, "Remember how you said you wanted mommy and daddy to have a baby?"

"Yeah...?"

"Well, you're going to be a big brother soon!"

He smiled brightly, showing a empty space where he lost a tooth recently. He looked at me, "Can I go tell Shaun?"

"Sure, but come back right after."

He bolted out. As he left, MacCready ran in. I stood up, only to be whisked off my feet and pulled into a tight but gentle hug from the man. He pushed his lips to mine before putting me down, spinning me, and pulling me into a hug, his arms locked around my back and mine around his shoulders. He kissed me again before pulling away and putting his forehead against mine, "Hot damn! It's been a long time since I've been this fucking happy, you know that?"

"Yeah, I can tell Mr. Loose-Lips."

He blushed and looked around making sure Duncan wasn't around to hear his profanity before kissing me again, catching me by surprise this time. I heard Deacon at the doorway, "Ew."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??