John Hancock ➵ Future

John Hancock
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

"And see this one? That was back when I used to fish, and my head-ass brother--"

Hancock went on, and I took the photo into my hands. He was a real handsome guy even before ghoulification. He had blonde hair that hung over his forehead and the back of his neck in curled ringlets, and striking blue eyes. He even had a bit of stubble going for him. A mighty contrast to his brother, who had neatly cropped brown hair and dark eyes.

He spoke again, handing me another photo of a 5 year old boy and a woman. He said it was him and his mom. I looked to him, "You're whole family is sexy as hell... excluding your brother, no offense."

"None taken, pal. And yeah, we were a real good-lookin' bunch. We all got real good genetics."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, shit, just look at me! Even back then I was a handsome devil, but genetics are more than that, doll. Without good genetics, I would have died rather than gone ghoul. And McDonough, hell, he hasn't aged since he hit 40! Guy's 9 years older than me, the bastard. And my mom's genes were real good. My dad, though... not a healthy bone in his body, poor guy. I inherited most my stuff from my momma, luckily."

I looked to the photo, and from the eyes to the smile, he did look a lot like his mom. I smiled, "Yeah, I can tell. McDonough looks more like your dad. Thank god for your mom, though, huh?"

"Yeah, she was real great. Dad'd agree. Mom always joked about me passin' our 'good genetics' down and whatnot, but I never really met anyone I clicked with before you."

I flipped through the other photos, looking at the ones of him playing football with his dad and brother while his mother shouted at them, most likely warning them to be careful. It looked like Pre-War photos... despite the fact that everything behind them was dead, and the photo was without color.

Hancock spoke again, "You know, I was thinking the other night, and... maybe we should have kids. I mean, it'd take some figuring out and whatnot, but--"

I pointed to the photo, "Who's that lady?"

He looked over my shoulder, "That's my aunt. She was from my dad's side. Anyways, with my good genetics and your... everything... we would make a real great kid, don't you think?"

I suddenly buzzed into what he was saying, "Wait, what? Are you serious?"

He moved his hat to the back of his head, "For once in my life, yeah. I've been running for too damn long. I think... I think I'd like to settle down with you at some point... what do you think?"

I beamed, "At some point. Not this point. I think it sounds like a marvelous idea, though; kids and settling down. Let's just pray we'll never have to call upon the Minuteman for help."

"Let's."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??