Veronica Santangelo ➵ Gift

Veronica Santangelo
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: None

Veronica SantangeloFallout New VegasWarning: None

Finally I finished. God this had taken nearly three hours to set up, and even longer to find all the materials. I stepped back, looking at the small room. It was an old closet, enough to make into something decent, at least. I had Pre-War Christmas lights rimming the top of the room, and a bunch of fluffy blankets I found in an old store piled up in the corner. Next to the pile, I had a bunch of Veronica's favorite foods sitting on top of a cooler, which was filled with nuka-cola's and a beer or two. I set the radio in another corner, turning it to her favorite station. I did manage to get her two things, that I knew she'd love. Or hoped, anyways.

I didn't have much money, so I couldn't get her anything nice... But... this would do, I guess. Birthdays only come around once a year. If she doesn't like this... I don't know what else I'll be able to do. I let out a happy sigh, and slipped out, shutting the door behind me. Now I just had to find her.

After a minute or two, I found her, putting my hand in hers with a smile. She yanked her hand from my grasp, "Finally done ignoring me, huh?"

This took me aback, "Woah, what?"

"You've been avoiding me for the past two days, and now you wanna act all friendly like I haven't noticed?"

"Woah, woah, slow down! I could never stay away from you for long. Look, just... trust me. Come here. Cover your eyes."

She rolled her eyes before closing them. I put one hand in her shoulder, and another on her waist, telling her where to step and guiding her carefully. I finally told her to stop, and opened the door before telling her to open her eyes.

She gasped and her hand went to her mouth. She stepped beyond me, looking at her first birthday present. She reached up, holding a small light bulb in her palm and then feeling the blankets. A smiled overtook her face and she bounced to my side, "I thought you forgot! This is incredible, you're the best!" She pushed her lips to my cheek passionately and went back to looking around. I froze, my muscles tense as I moved my fingers to where her lips made contact with me. I felt my face turn a bright red, and stared at my feet to avoid her gaze.

She grabbed my hand, pulling me inside the room with her and shutting the door. I sat down, pointing to a corner, "There are your..." My voice cracked and I cleared my throat, "There's your presents."

She gasped, "There's more!" She picked them up, gently untying the ribbon and taking out the first dress, holding it up. Tears gathered in her eyes and I stood up stepping out, "There's another one in there. Try them on."

I shut the door, and she put on the first one, coming out and doing twirl before curtseying. I clapped, letting out a pierce whistle, "You look outstanding!" She blushed, and tried on the other one, getting the same reaction from me. I stepped back inside, and she was in her comfortable clothes. She smiled, "You know what? I wasn't sure before now, but I think I love you."

I felt my ears redden and sank down into my blanket, saying quietly that I felt the same. She grabbed my hands, kissing me before finding a good song on the radio and indulging me in pleasant conversation.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??