Preston Garvey ➵ Quincy

Preston Garvey
Fallout 4
Warning: Anxiety

"Yeah, Preston, that's what I told him, then he got all mad because I

"Yeah, Preston, that's what I told him, then he got all mad because I... Woah, hey, are you okay?"

He suddenly lost color and looked like he'd aged ten years, "I- uh... We should head back. Now." His voice was dull, and slightly hoarse.

I looked around us, frowning, "Why?" I chuckled, "You'll walk through the Glowing  Sea with me, but you draw the line when it comes to a dark neighborhood?"

"Quincy."

That was all he said and I understood. My smile faded, and I noticed that he had completely tensed up. His joints locked up and his trigger finger twitched a little. I pulled his hand from his gun, and held it, looking around at the landscape, "Well... How about this... How about me and you go in there, and kill each of the bastards that took Quincy. Exact revenge and whatnot."

He shook his head, his eyes locked on the Police Station down the street, "No. We're outnumbered a hundred to two... Please... Let's just go home. Quincy is lost."

I shook my head, "No. They took Sturges's home, Mama Murphy's home... hell, it was practically your home too! Come on. Lets get in there and bust some caps. I have enough grenades to get us through the Institute, so lets go."

I tugged on his hand, but he stayed planted, "No."

As soon as he spoke, a bright, circular spot shined on us, and yells and gunfire quickly overtook everything else. I yanked Preston's arm, and we darted into an old house, pounding up the stairs to try to get to an advantage point. As soon as we had, we barricaded the door, and he sat down. His breaths were suddenly very raspy and labored, his eyes were frantically darting from place to place. No no no no no... Why now? I immediately fell at his side, wrapping my arms around him and hushing him sweetly. After a few seconds of him not calming down at all, I got out a water bottle, hurriedly screwing off the lid and handing it to him. He wheezed a little more before I forced him to drink.

He sputtered a little before holding out his hands. I hugged him tightly again, "Preston, it's okay, you're okay. Look. No blood. We're fine."

"It's happening again."

He huffed and tried to catch his breath, a small sweat now breaking out on his forehead. I looked to a window, seeing a few Gunners walking around looking for us. I grabbed my sniper, and perched up by the window, opening it quietly and looking at my silencer for confirmation.

I looked down the scope, shooting off two shots at someone in large power armor. As soon as her body hit the ground, everyone was running. I managed to kill off five more before Preston appeared at my side, looking over my shoulder as I took them down one by one. The small area we invaded was finally clear, and his breathing was regular again. He was now pacing around the attic. I grabbed his hand, stopping him, "Come on Preston. We can do it. Just trust me."

He looked at our intertwined fingers, and shifted his eyes to mine, "Remember how I said that... that you gave me hope when I thought all was lost?" He blushed, chuckling, "Here you come, doing it again. Let's go."

He grabbed his gun, his ammo, and his water, tucking it somewhere on his belt and grabbing my hand before moving the junk from the door and walking out quietly. Down the stairs. Around a corner. Down the street. We took out Gunners, five by five until we stood, completely in the clear, under a bridge. We clambered up a tower in the distance, and, again, sniped them all from our spot. Afterwards, we actually took a lift up to the bridge, making sure we got all of them.

Preston found an old H.A.M radio and tuned into Sturges, telling him to let the folks at the Castle know to send people over to protect Quincy and make it a running settlement again. From the sound of it, Sturges was about to break down, too.

Preston finally sighed, looking over the wreckage Quincy had become. I held out an arm, and instead of taking it, he just fell into me, weeping and once more spilling his guts to me. I listened, squeezing him tightly until he was done. He finally watched as people showed up to Quincy, and looked to me, pressing a firm kiss to my lips before going off to issue orders.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??