Arcade Gannon ➵ The High Pt.1

Arcade Gannon
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: Drug Use

Arcade GannonFallout New VegasWarning: Drug Use

"What's water taste like?"

"How am I supposed to know? It's not like we have any."

I frowned. I had just fixed the pipes. The Morman Fort should have water, but Arcade insists it doesn't. Not saying he knows for sure, but he knows for sure. I waved the matter away, "It should kick up in an hour or so. If not, then I'm a tall glass of water, so you'll live."

He rolled his eyes and continued reading his book. We sat in our tent, him reading, and me carving wood. I thought for a while longer, "If you drop soap on the floor, is the soap dirty, or is the floor clean?"

He looked up at me from under raised brows, "Both. I mean... it cleans that tiny spot of the floor, and you should rinse the soap off... but yeah."

We sat in silence, and I opened my mouth to ask another question, "How come our nose runs and our feet smell?"

He didn't answer, and continued reading about Latin literature. "How can you tell the truth if you lie in bed?"

Nothing.

"Why is it called a 'building' if it's already built?"

Nothing.

"If a bunch of cats jump on top of each other, is it still a dog pile?"

Nothing.

"Who knew what time it was when the first clock was made?"

Nothing.

I opened my mouth to speak, but the handsome man cut me off, "Let me guess, 'If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we know?' What are you on?"

I giggled, "Why do you assume I'm on something?"

"Because you're always on something. I can usually tell by you're mood... Jet makes you quiet, Turbo knocks you out, Buffout makes you horny, Med-X makes you mad... If anything, I'd say you were slapping the sky on Mentats."

"When did you learn so much about chems?"

"When I had to start making sure you wouldn't accidentally overdose." He put his book down, and looked to me worriedly, "When are you going to stop doing all of that junk?"

I shrugged a shoulder, "It's just... hard. Like you said... the chems sort of determine my mood. They... make me who I am... I mean, who would I be without them? I don't even know who I am anymore, and the truth is, I'm scared to find out."

"Dear god, you are on Mentats. Look... if I get Julie to make something to help your numerous addictions, will you stop? For me?"

I shrugged a shoulder, "Yeah, if Julie can whip something up, I'll gladly try to stop."

"You mean it?"

"Hell yeah I mean it." I grinned, "So, if I go clean, you'll get it on with me whenever I ask?"

He blushed, "Well I mean... not always. That would be an unhealthy amount... Not saying there is such a thing but... Look, if you don't go clean, I'll just... I'll break the relationship off, okay?"

This suddenly became more serious than I would have liked. I promised to go clean, and gave him a quick peck on the lips before going to speak to Julie.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??