Robert MacCready ➵ Run Away

Robert MacCready
Fallout 4
Warning: None

Robert MacCreadyFallout 4Warning: None

"Jesus, MacCready... What are you trying to say?"

He got quiet, looking out over the rooftop. He had said something I couldn't really understand. It was English, sure, but he used big words and metaphors, and this early in the morning, my mind couldn't exactly... work. He stayed quiet for a long time, trying to piece together his words. He just blushed and shook his head, "Nevermind. I... forgot."

I had mixed feelings towards MacCready. Did I want to take things to the next level and maybe be in a relationship with him? Or did I want to just stay friends and not ruin what we already have? God, it seemed like it was all about what I wanted. I'd been wanting his opinion on the matter for a while now, and I actually spoke to Nick about it the other day. I remember his words and mine, "I don't know what someone like you sees in that mercenary-" I cut him off with saying that I wasn't sure if I saw anything in him at all. So many bundled up feelings, the largest one being confusion.

I smiled, "You're such a bad liar, MacCready."

He sighed, "Yeah? Well, based off my past, lying doesn't get you far. Just leaves you full of regret. But that's besides the point. I do have something to say... I just... don't know how to say it."

I shrugged a shoulder, feeling a blush arise on the back of my neck and spread to my face, "Well, just don't think about it. Do you want me to turn around or close my eyes or something to help?"

He looked to me frantically, "No! I... want you to be looking at me. Here... put your gun down." He took the sniper from my hands carefully, placing it on the roof atop his own. He then looked to me, taking my hands in his and staring intently into my eyes for a reaction to help him get the words out.

He took a deep breath, "I don't know how to make this seem shorter, or... less weird... so I'm just going to flat out say it. I think I might possibly maybe slightly be just a teeny weeny itty bitty little bit in love with you. Maybe. Possibly."

I couldn't help but feel a smile on my face and a rush to my head and a flutter in my guts. Guess that settles it. I did want something with him. Something much much more than friendship. He saw my smile and his eyes brightened a little bit from hope. I took my hands from his and grabbed either side of his face, pulling him in for a quick, sweet kiss. I then leaned back hurriedly, grabbed my sniper rifle, grabbed his, and handed it to him, looking out over the terrain as though nothing had happened. A small smirk nestled on my lips. I saw him from the corner of my eye, ears burning red, lips slightly parted, hat moved more towards the back of his head, and his exposed hair sticking out wildly. He just examined me, and that was the first time I truly realized that he really was in love with me, and that nothing could change that.

Author's Note
I hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??