Preston Garvey ➵ Cocky

Preston Garvey
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

An arrow whizzed past my arm, and I immediately gripped my bicep, where blood decided to make an appearance

An arrow whizzed past my arm, and I immediately gripped my bicep, where blood decided to make an appearance. I looked behind me. Who the hell uses a bow and arrow?! Get up to date!

I kept my jogging pace, turning my head and shooting my gun behind me, aim off from labor and from an oozing muscle. I felt a tripwire at my feet and instead of snapping it, I tripped, landing on my healthier arm, panting and catching my breath, watching in horror as Raider's formed around me. I felt like my lungs and heart were going to burst. A woman wearing Power Armor planted a foot on my chest, making breathing all the more difficult. To make matters worse, the large metal boot made it so I couldn't clot my blood flow. I wheezed, staring into her eyes intently, searching for a single fuck.

There weren't any.

She held her gun down to my face, her voice sounded like those Old-World commercials about the affects of tobacco. I half expected her to say, 'I used to chew tobacco, now look at me.'

Instead, I got, "Listen up you mangy rat. I hear you're one of them Minutemen fella's, and a damn important member, too. The General, right?"

I wheezed out a breath and she eased her foot off of me so I could speak without passing out. I caught my breath a little, "That's... right." I smiled charmingly, "Did you know that you could save fifteen percent on-"

"Don't try to distract me, dammit!" She pushes her foot slightly and I winced, feeling my back pop. That part was actually sort of relaxing. I glared at her as she spoke, "We cut off the head of the General, and then we can get the rest of the Minutemen out. They'll look for you, and we can just ambush them."

I raised a hand pitifully and she eased off so I could speak. I cleared my throat, "Do you have mesothelioma?"

She frowned, and I prayed that my plot would work, "What's that?"

I shrugged, "Well, if you do, you could be entitled to financial compensation if you call now."

She pushed down, "Stop doing that shit!"

I wheezed out, "Then... stop doing... this shit!" I grabbed the sides of her boot, trying to lift it and failing to even move it. My arm gave and I felt dirt enter the wound. She went back to holding her assault rifle between my eyes, and her pool cue on the ground for balance, and as a hiking stick, maybe. She narrowed her eyes, "You're a bitch aren't you. I'll bet you a million dollars you're single."

"Damn... no need to hit home." I smiled coyly, "But if you have a million dollars, I'll gladly take it off your shoulders. And... you can't really talk about relationship's, now can you, whore?"

She only pushed her rifle harder, slamming my head to the ground. She smiled menacingly, "Any last words?"

I thought for a second, deciding carefully, "Yeah, actually... Just... gimme a second." To my surprise, she did. I blinked a little, making sure to be as over dramatic as possible. I put the back of my hand in my forehead and raised my leg, pointing my toes, breathing out my 'final words.'

"Flex tape is no ordinary tape; it's triple thick adhesive virtually wields itself to the surface, instantly stopping the toughest leaks. Not to mention-"

She growled at me, "I've had enough of this shit."

There was a wind-up and the a loud gunshot. I closed my eyes, flinching a little. My eyes fluttered open, seeing the sky. Man, I guess a shot to the head really was painless! Wonder if God has cake up here. If not, I'm sure Satan has an apple or something. I suddenly heard more gunshots and raised my head up from the ground, seeing the battlefield break out. I saw numerous Minutemen, and within seconds, the other four raiders had been killed.

I stared stupidly before being hoisted up into someone's arms. I saw Preston and frowned, "I had it under control."

"Like hell you did! We were on the rooftops. Overheard everything. We thought you were gonna die."

"So you waited that long to save me?"

He blushed quietly, and I wrapped an arm around his neck, leaning my head back so the world was upside down. I looked back up, seeing Preston yell order's over his shoulder. I smiled as I felt his arms holding me bridal style, "Why, Preston! I thought you knew better!" I raised my nose at him, "Dinner and a movie first!"

He blushed, "Oh, come on. You're injured. I'm just trying to get you back to Sanctuary safely. This seemed to be the easiest way." He smiled a little, "Not to mention you were sitting in your ass not knowing what to do."

"Not gonna lie, I thought I died. Now I'm positive I died."

"How?"

"Because you're an angel."

"Oh... you stop that. You're suffering from blood loss."

I frowned at him, "You're supposed to say thank you, but the blush on your cheeks is cute enough to make up for it."

He sighed, "Let's just get you home."

"You do know it's my arm that's injured, right? Not my legs. I can walk and run fine."

He smiled a little, "Yeah, I know."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??