Travis Miles ➵ Confidence Pt.2

Travis Miles
Fallout 4
Warning: None

I sat in a booth in a corner outside of the Dugout Inn comfortably

I sat in a booth in a corner outside of the Dugout Inn comfortably. I leaned in the corner, one shoulder against the wall, one against the back of the booth. Laying my legs on the empty portion of my seat, I tapped my fingers on the table patiently.

After a few minutes of scrolling through items on my Pip, Travis joined me. He had the same, stupid, adorable smile on his face as he sat down. I smiled, placing my feet on the ground, "Hey, Travis!" I chuckled, "Almost thought you were going to leave me hanging."

His smile faltered a bit and he looked down, "I... Well, I almost did." He looked to me apologetically, "I'm sorry! I just- I didn't want to mess things up, and- and so I just sort of started thinking... then- then I lost track of the time and I just thought you might have already left..."

I smiled, reaching across the table and putting my hand in his, "Travis, there's nowhere I'd rather be. I have nowhere to go."

"I know... I just... You're usually so busy..."

He opened his mouth to say something else, but was interrupted by the waitress named Scarlett. She grinned at me, "What can I get the two of you?"

Travis cleared his throat nervously and looked to me. I smiled, knowing he'd get his usual, "One of Bobrov's strongest bottle of Moonshine, and a chocolate shake." It was obvious who's drink was who's. She walked away, and Travis looked to me, lowering his voice, "I- I used to like her... a long time ago."

I frowned, "What happened?"

He shrugged, "I just... I just realized that she never noticed me and sort of gave up... Wasn't worth her time..." He looked to me, "But I'm worth your time... That's all that matters to me now."

I felt my heart flutter. Every word from him was like it was from an angel. I sighed, "Travis, you're too good for her. Way out of her league."

He smiled a little, "You think so?"

"Of course. Now, you need to tell me what color you want to paint your room. I need to know before I head out."

"W-Wait, you're... you're actually doing it? I thought you were kidding... oh gosh..."

I laughed, "I was serious Travis. Now, what's on your mind? I'm thinking maybe a light blue to match the neon sign on the roof."

He slid his hands off the table and into his pockets, sinking in the booth, "I-I dunno. I really... don't want you to go through all this trouble for me..."