Butch DeLoria ➵ Dance

Butch DeLoria
Fallout 3
Warning: Cursing

"Come on, Butch, please? Just this once?"

He crossed his arms, slumping in his chair with his brow set and his mouth contorted in a frown, "No."

"The song is almost over!"

I had been trying to get him to dance with me for about ten minutes. I offered to do the dishes, stay home with I'm for a week, have sex, play cards with him... all things that I could usually do to bribe him to do anything, and still, he refused. He was pouty for some reason, and I couldn't figure out why. Maybe he just had a bad day. I raised my brows, walking over to him, "Please, Butch! Come on already! You know you want to."

He smiled, "You're pretty cute when you beg. Answer's still no, baby."

"Butch! Just dance with me, you little fuck-stick!"

He smiled at my sad attempt at an insult, and looked up at me smugly from his spot in the chair, "No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Fine! I'll just... dance on my own then."

He sat up a little, uncrossing his arms and running his hands down his thighs to his knees and leaning forward. He bit his bottom lip and smiled at me, staring up at me eagerly. I raised my nose at him, crossing my arms, "And you can't watch!"

He rolled his eyes, and stood up, turning his chair around and crossing his arms again. I turned around to walk to a more open floor space, when the rug seemed to pull up and kiss the toe of my shoe for some reason. I landed roughly, mostly catching myself with my hands. I sighed and rolled onto my back, letting out a whine. Butch let out a special laugh, and I smiled a little.

It was a laugh I hadn't heard in a long time. It was high-pitched and repetitive. I absolutely loved it. He stood up, holding out a hand and yanking me to my feet before pulling me close and pushing his lips to mine. He pulled away, letting out the last of his laugh, and smiling at me, "If you can guess the next song, I'll dance with you. You get five guesses, deal?"

"Deal!"

I guessed five times before commercials ended and the next song came on. One of my guesses was right, and I cheered for myself. I gripped his hand and led him to the open floor space. He let me drag him with a small smile on his lips. I held his hand up, standing on my tip-toes. He raised his brows and ducked a little to preform a pathetic twirl. I giggled at him and he interlaced our fingers, hugging me again and kissing me sweetly. What a mood change. Maybe it was his time of the month. I smiled a little, and thought about asking him if it were. I decided not to ruin his good mood, since I didn't know how long it would last, and simply went with the movements as he led me in a dance.

He held my waist firmly when the song ended, a little out of breath. He put his forehead to mine, "You always manage to make my day so much better..."

I laughed, putting a hand on his cheek and looking at him, "Because I trip and fall like an idiot?"

"Yeah."

He kissed me, and it lasted a little longer. He pulled away, and looked me dead in the eyes, his baby blues seemingly warmer due to his tone, "I love you."

We had been together for three (almost four) years, and he still had this effect on me. A few words from him made my heart determined to hammer out of my chest and turn my knees to liquid. I laughed nervously, "I love you, too."

He smiled, "Fuck-stick."

"Fuck-stick."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??