Yes Man ➵ Ignorance

Yes Man
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: None

Yes ManFallout New VegasWarning: None

I squatted over Yes Man's body. He sat propped up against the inside of a building. We were in a cramped room, and he had blood pouring from between his fingers, spilling from his ribs to his legs. He stared blankly at it, "What happened? Did I blow a circuit? Am I malfunctioning? Why does it feel not good?"

"You were shot, you idiot. Stay still."

I pulled him up, making him sit completely upright. In doing so, a more fluent stream of blood spilled. He coughed, "Holy moly green guac and cannoli! How much of this do I have?"

"Not much anymore. That's not good. Blood is our oil or coolant or whatever. And holy hell, you're losing a lot of it." I whipped out a first aid kit that just so happened to be laying around. I pulled his shirt up a bit, commanding him to hold it there. He did so, and I got out a bottle of water, put it to a cloth, and began cleaning the wound. I got my hair out of my face, "Look, uhm, I'm not going to be able to get that bullet out... How do you feel like having a permanent bullet in your side?"

He grinned, "I'll set off so many metal detectors!" He paused and frowned, "Remember you're asking someone who was made of metal if they mind having a piece of metal in them."

I sighed, "Yes, I know. Just... try to be quiet so I can patch this up. You do know what happens when you run out of blood, right?"

"Do I shut down?"

"Permanently."

He paled slightly. I cleared my throat, "On second thought, talk to me so you can get your mind off of it."

He nodded, "I can do that! But, uhm... What do I talk about?"

I shrugged a shoulder, "How the hell am I supposed to know? Just talk about something you like, I guess."

He nodded, "Something I like... Something I like... Can it be a person?"

I felt slight jealousy build up in my system and through my veins, "Sure. Whatever."

"Oh good! Well, I really like this person, but not just 'like'. I think I 'like-like' them, you know?"

I sighed, not making eye contact as I placed gauze over the wound. I felt my cheeks heat up, "Yeah... I know."

"But at the same time, I don't know if I like-like them or not because, as you know, this is my first time having a heart! But whenever I see them, my hands get sort of wet, you know what I mean? Like not watery wet, but lotion wet. And sometimes, I feel like I can't breathe, like right now."

"You can't breathe because you have a bullethole in your side, genius."

His mouth became a tight line. He sucked in a heavy breath, and released his phrase in one, "I'mtryingtosayIlikelikeyouawholebunch."

I raised a brow, a small smile making its way on my face, "A whole bunch?"

His cheeks were a very obvious shade of red, "A whole bunch."

I took his shirt from his hand and put it over his wound. I helped him to his feet, a grim look suddenly coming over my face as reality set in, "You're suffering from blood loss. You're talking nonsense. Let's get you to a real doctor and then we can talk, alright?"

"I'm not suffering from blood loss! I'm being serious! I really like-like you. Why are you trying to deny me?"

"I'm not trying to deny you, it's just... my last relationship didn't work out that well... from what I've been told... not that I can remember it."

He made a fist and held it up, "That darn Ulysses! I tell you he shouldn't go around breaking hearts and then being mad when people blow up his home. That's certainly no way to live." I sighed, not proud of what I did in my past. We walked along, his arm around me lazily as he tried to stumble alongside me, "This whole 'blood loss' thing sure does suck."

"That's why you don't try to give a gun-wielding man a high-five."

"He looked so nice!"

"He was holding a gun!"

"Well excuse me for having proper manners!"

"Oh hush. Just be quiet for a second so you don't open your wound back up."

We walked in silence, and he spoke softly, "I love you."

"Pardon?"

A little louder, "I love you."

I grinned, "What?"

Louder, "I love you."

"One more time for the people in the back?"

A full on scream, "I love you!" He put a hand over his mouth, "Oh gosh! I'm disturbing the peace again, aren't I?"

"Yeah, it's okay though. Now they know not to try to hook up with you anymore."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??