Christina Royce ➵ Crush

Christina Royce
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: Suggestive

I sat in the lobby of the Sierra Madre, holding a beer in my hand, and sipping calmly

I sat in the lobby of the Sierra Madre, holding a beer in my hand, and sipping calmly. I owned this fucking palace. I suppose Dean and Christina helped a little bit, too. No matter. Dean owned the theatre, Christina owned the rooms, and I owned the secrets beneath it all. The couch next to me let out a huff as it was sat on. I looked to Christina, and smiled politely. I reached to the cooler next to me, grabbed her a drink, popped it open, and handed it to her. She took it carefully, and held it up to eye level, staring at it. She sighed, "I forget that I can speak sometimes. Peculiar, right?"

"How so?"

"I just... forget I have a voice. I mean, if you went somewhere naked, wouldn't you know?"

I grinned, raising a brow, "I'm from Vegas, baby. You're lucky you've seen me with clothes on. Though, you'll be more lucky when you see them on your bedroom floor."

She rolled her eyes, "Flattery will get you nowhere."

"It got me to the Seirra Madre... It got me to you."

"It wasn't flattery that led to our meeting, it was greed."

I raised my glass, "And thank God for greed!" I downed it, just as Domino walked in, raising a wine glass in agreement. He then frowned, "Are you two exchanging words again? Despicable. Why speak when you can spend?" He fanned himself with pre-war bills and strutted out of the room, singing low, quiet notes. Christina stared after him solemnly, "Without you, that man would be dead."

"Pardon?"

"I would have lost it. Killed him, if the Madre didn't. Or if Elijah hadn't. I can never express my thanks to you. If I had killed him... I wouldn't have come back from it."

"You would have. I did."

She sighed, putting down her full glass of alcohol. I picked it up and sipped. She frowned solemnly, "And I still don't know how. Your Pip-Boy... how many people does it say you've killed?"

I squinted at the hazy green number, "A total of seven hundred and sixty four."

"And how many were you close to?"

"I... don't know." She stared more intently at me, making me roll my eyes, "At least a hundred or so, I guess."

She shook her head, "You're a Raider, just like the rest of them. Greed led you here."

I raised a brow. There was no point in denying I was a Raider. More like a lone Raider. I shot people and crammed chems into my arms and down my throat. I drank and slept around, though never without consent. I'm not that merciless. I looked to her, "Isn't greed what led you here as well?"

"Yes... Greedy for revenge... But don't try to compare me to you... We're too different."

"How so?"

"The list would go on forever."

"Well, we're certainly alike in some ways-- you can't deny that."

"Please, enlighten me."

"Well, for starters, we both are pretty damn good at hunting people down and getting revenge. We've both been lobotomized. We've both met Ulysses, and been left by him." I mocked her, "The list would go on forever."

She shook her head, "Those are materialistic things. But the way we act... way different."

"Name three ways."

"For starters, you sleep around."

"Correct."

"You're a Chem addict."

"Correct."

"You drink way to much."

"Correct." I thought for a second, "Those are materialistic too. What about more... untouchable things? Abstract. Like greed and hate and love and whatnot?"

"What about them?"

"I mean, we've both encountered love, have we not? We've both encountered the pit that is revenge on spiteful people. We've gone through a lot of the same stuff."

A sad look came over her face, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

We sat in silence and I grinned, "How could a woman like yourself fall for someone like me?"

"Who said I fell for you-"

I ignored her, "I mean, you're smart and absolutely drop dead gorgeous. And, as you said, I'm a Raider. We're way different, yet your heart is with mine."

"Woah, what makes you think-"

I shrugged a shoulder, cutting her off again, "There's no point in denying it, toots. You've got the hots for me. No shame in it."

She scoffed, her cheeks flushing, "As if! No way would I like someone like you." I rolled my eyes and stood up, walking to where she was sitting. I leaned close to her, our noses almost touching as I searched her eyes. I grinned, "What do you mean 'someone like me'?"

She fumbled with her hands, "I mean... Look, I don't know what I mean, but I know that I don't like you that way! I mean-- if I did I would say I did but I don't and therefore I don't have to say that I-"

I cut her off with a kiss. A split second peck on the lips, and she got quiet. She covered her face with her hands. I took another swing of beer, "Like I said, you've got the hots for me."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??