Deacon ➵ Bread

Deacon
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

"Hancock, shut up before we get caught!"

He stifled his drugged laughter and went upstairs to calm down. I peeked out of a glassless window. Deacon has recently pulled one over me, and now I was awaiting my revenge. Nick walked in the door, and I whipped my head in his direction. He saw me squatting, staring at Deacon from the window.

He shook his head, "You two are knuckleheads."

I hushed him, and he threw his arms in the air, spun on his heel, and walked out. I shrugged it off and returned my gaze to my future victim. I had replaced every item in his room with bread.

The bed? Bread. The dresser? Bread. Everything? Bread. Hotel? Trivago. I nearly laughed at my Old-World reference, but continued to watch for a reaction. Deacon had gone back to Railroad HQ for a week, and I took the opportunity. It pissed Sturges off though, that gorgeous man was even better when he was angry, seeing as it was rare. He was all like 'it's a waste of resources', and Preston agreed. I didn't listen to them though. Hancock was the only one that acually helped me out. And I guess Danse did as well, seeing as he 'singlehandedly cleared the factory of bread' for us. Hancock had calmed down, and was now next to me, "He's gonna be so mad."

I frowned, "What are you on today?"

"Jet. Look, there he goes."

I watched as Deacon closed his door behind him. It was quiet. He came back out, with a bundle of white t-shirts in his arms. Me and Hancock exchanged a glance, and he shrugged. Deacon whistled as he walked off to wash his week old clothes in the river. I snuck around, and entered his house. I stood in his living room dumbly. It was perfectly clean. I had put so much damn effort into it all, and where did it go? How? It just... disappeared or something. I walked forward to look in his room, and snapped a tripwire. A gun shot numerous harmless firecrackers at me. I sighed, and rolled my eyes. I walked on, accidentally stepping on a bath weight. I looked around for something, but nothing happened. I sighed slightly.

Then a hatch in the ceiling opened.

Bread. So much bread. Just... from the ceiling, onto my head. I... I can't. To this day, I cannot eat bread because of it. I sat in the pile, giving up. I heard howling laughter and looked out the window to see Deacon and Danse. Deacon was absolutely losing his mind, wheezing with laughter. Danse just looked confused, and walked off. I stood up, and began throwing bread at him from his room. He stayed still, seeing as I missed every shot. I gave up, exited his house, went to his backyard, and tackled him to the ground. He wiped a tear from his eye, under his sunglasses, "You should have seen the look on your face! Priceless!"

"How did you do all of that? I was watching you the entire time! There's no way that's even possible!"

"I just had to use the magic of believing in myself. You should try it."

"Oh, hush. Now your room is filled with bread, you dipshit."

He shrugged, smiling slyly, "Guess I'll have to bunker down with you tonight."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??