Paladin Danse ➵ Future

Paladin Danse
Fallout 4
Warning: None

Paladin Danse Fallout 4Warning: None

"Hey... do you think we could talk? Alone?"

I frowned at my husband, taking his hand and making way to his quarters, "Of course, Danse. What's up? Is something wrong?"

All the gears in my head were suddenly activated and I was worried I had done something wrong to him at some point and maybe he wanted to split. After all, we'd only been married for one year after dating for two. For some people, that can be a little too fast. He put a large hand on the small of my back and closed the door behind us, telling me to sit on the bed while he gathered his thoughts. I sat impatiently, my hands folded nervously in my lap as he slowly paced in front of me. I felt guilty when I had nothing to be guilty of.

Recently, Danse had been sort of quiet and awkward around me and anyone who spoke of our relationship. Not sure why, but I had a hint that it had something to do with whatever was troubling him. I stood up, grabbed his hand, and brought him to sit beside me instead of pacing in front of me. I sat next to him, hugging his arm comfortably resting my head on his shoulder and telling him he could tell me anything and that I'd love him no matter what. He moved his arm from my grasp, moving to hold both of my hands in his and gazing into my eyes sweetly.

He spoke unsurely, "I haven't been able to sleep lately because I've been thinking... about us. And where our relationship is headed." He saw the look on my face and blushed, "Nothing bad! I just... Look, I don't really know how to say it, so I'm going to be blunt."

"I'm listening..."

"I think... I think we should try for kids."

I felt myself tense up, examining his eyes and knowing he was serious and passionate about his choice. I smiled, tears coming to my eyes as I wrapped my arms around his muscular shoulders in a tight hug.

He hugged back softly before squeezing a little tighter. I pulled away, sitting on his lap comfortably and having him look up at me. I smiled, "I'm glad you've thought about it, Danse. But... you do know how much work a kid is, right?"

He blushed, "Well, I have been running ops with the younger scribe's lately, so I know a little bit, but I was sort of hoping you could teach me whatever I would need to know. I only know one thing and it's that I want a child with you."

I knew he wasn't just asking for sex, because if he were, he would have just kissed me that way he does or simply asked. We'd had sex before but always with the precaution that it was safe and whatnot. I hadn't expected him to ask that, but it overflowed my heart with joy and made me love him even more.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??