Travis Miles ➵ Learning

Travis Miles
Fallout 4
Warning: None

I turned my head, heading up our stairs, "Travis!"

I heard him shout a reply, "What?"

"Where's my wrench?"

"Your what?"

"Wrench!"

"Stench?"

"No! The wrench!"

"What?"

"Get down here!"

"Coming!"

I heard a few steps then a loud crash. I put down my fission battery and turned my head to the foot of the stairs, watching as he hopped back to his feet and nervously dusted himself off. His eyes met mine and he blushed before walking over to me, "Sorry... What- uhm, what was it you said you needed...?"

I smiled at him, speaking softly, "My wrench."

His blush grew and he looked down, "Oh. I think it's in the bedroom... Would you like me to- to look for you?"

I gave him a nod and he went off, and I turned back to my fission battery, turning it and peeking through a small hole I was supposed to fix up. I heard his footsteps above me, and before I knew it, he was by my side. He placed my toolbox on the table and pulled up a wooden stool to sit himself by me. He looked over my shoulder as I worked my wrench inside the mechanism, digging it down then twisting it.

He watched intently, getting out a screw and a screwdriver, which he knew I'd need next. I thanked him and placed the wrench down. He held it in his hand, examining it and holding it where I had left warmth. He looked to me, "How- How do you do all this?"

I shrugged, "Learned after a while. It's not hard. Go grab a battery from that drawer and I can teach you. Make sure you get one with a hole in it like mine."

He stood up, almost knocking over the stool, then settling it with a hand. He walked over, and returned, battery held by his fingertips, "Is this one alright?"

I looked at it, "Perfect. Now, you saw what I did with the wrench, now do the same thing." He did, and I handed him a seperate screwdriver and screw. I taught him how to fix it, and his entire day became a little happier. He tossed it on the table, and held his arms out. I placed mine down carefully, and sighed, squeezing him into a hug. He pulled away and looked down at me, then it the window, "Wanna go to bed?"

I smiled deviously, "Travis, you slippery boy."

He blushed, "Golly... No not like that! I mean just to lay down... Unless you... want to..."

I chuckled, holding his hand and walking up the stairs, "I'm too tired. Let's just get some rest. Maybe we can do something later. Like, go out for drinks or something."

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

I smiled, laying down next to him, "We're already together. What are you gonna do? Say no?"

He shrugged jokingly, "I might."

"Wanna go for drinks tomorrow?"

"Yes."

I laughed and he pulled me closer to him, pushing his lips to mine, and then to my forehead before resting his chin on top of my head. I looked up, kissing his neck and putting my head where his neck met his chest. There was nothing better than being encased in him and his gorgeous coffee hues.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??