Victor ➵ Fashion

Victor
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: Cursing

"Awh, come on now, darlin'! I ain't meant it like that! This outfit ain't workin' for me is all

"Awh, come on now, darlin'! I ain't meant it like that! This outfit ain't workin' for me is all..."

"Good god, your fucking grammar..." I chuckled, leaning back in my chair and putting my feet up on the desk. Me and Victor were going through his closet. The clothes in there originally belonged to the genius that built him and whatnot, but, since Victor had been synthesized, we decided he should wear those clothes rather than the clothes the synth body came with. He had recently tried on a loose white blouse and black dress pants, deciding that those weren't his style.

I sat back and watched as he dressed and undressed, making a large pile of discarded clothing by the door for us to go out and get rid out later. He went back to the closet, flipping through clothes before finally holding up a deep mauve flannel and blue jeans with rough, brown patches over both knees.

I watched for the fifth time as he slid his top off, revealing the white tank top underneath and showing his sturdy build. He unbuttoned the flannel before shrugging it onto his shoulders and straightening the collar. He buttoned it up, then took off the dress pants, and slid on the jeans, giving me a nice view of his thighs.

I smiled a little as he slid a belt through the jeans loopholes, hooking his thumbs around the large, bronze belt buckle and beaming at me. I stood up, walking over to him to look him up and down. He stayed still, looking down at me silently. I narrowed my eyes and put a hand on his forehead, running my fingers through his hair, showing his forehead. (It was usually hidden under his brown bangs, so it was a little more pale than the rest of his face.) I thought for a second, "I like it, but I feel like it's missing something."

He frowned, watching as I went to the closet, "Like what?"

I held a cowboy hat in my hand and grinned, tossing it to him. He held it in his hand before putting it on and moving it to the back of his head. He turned around, looking in the mirror. He checked himself out before turning around and looking over his shoulder at his ass, then smiling at me, "Damn! It sure feels nice not bein' a tow-truck!"

I laughed, "What do you mean?"

"I just mean that it's nice havin'... y'know... hands. I feel less like a metal frame now!"

"Yeah, that's because you were a literal metal frame. Now you're being human. You'll regret it later."

"Oh." He picked up the large pile of clothes, nodding to the door, "Now, c'mon, partner. Let's take these up to Doc Mitchell and let him do what he wants with 'em."

I opened the door from him, and told him where to step so he wouldn't trip ( sincehe couldn't see over the pile of cloth in his arms). We got to the Doc's, and the old man chuckled, telling Victor to set the clothes by the door. Victor did so, and shook hands with Doc, who laughed heartily, "Look at you, Victor! All dressed up! Is this it?"

Victor looked down at his outfit, "Yeah, I think this is it, sir. What do you think? Fancy, huh?"

Doc laughed, leading us to his kitchen. Apparently he was making dinner and we arrived just as he finished. He handed us our plates, and sat down with us at his table, smiling under his mustache, "So Victor, how long you been human for?"

"About seven months, sir."

Doc looked to me, "And how long have the two of you been together?"

I took a bite of the food, thanking him for it later, "Three months."

He nodded, "Did I ever tell you kids how I met Dorothy?"

He had. Numerous times. Well, he'd told me, anyhow. I didn't know about Victor. Victor shook his head, "No, sir, but I reckon you've mentioned her name a mighty few times."

The man sighed in remembrance, "You know, I knew Dorothy was the one for me back when we were kids. She was my childhood sweetheart, and, eventually, my wife." He looked to Victor sadly, "You gotta take care of who you love, kid... You might not be able to for long, but if your loved one passes on, and you never apologized for something or if ya treated 'em wrong... it'll haunt ya."

Victor looked like he was caught off guard, seeing as he stopped mid-chew to listen to the old man. He picked up a napkin and wiped his mouth, looking a little confused, "Yessir," he looked to me and smiled a little, "I plan to keep this one real close to home, sir. Ain't lettin' my loved one slip by me."

Doc Mitchell nodded wisely, "Good mindset." He stood up, taking our dishes.

I looked to Victor, "Why don't you go fold that big 'ol mess you brought in? I'll help him with the dishes."

Victor kissed my cheek sweetly before going off to do so. I stood by Doc Mitchell, handing the clean dishes to him so he could dry them off. He looked to me, "Take care of Victor, will ya? He's one of the good ones."

I smiled, "Yes, I planned on it, sir." I chuckled, "If I don't take care of that rascal, who will?"

He laughed breezily, and thanked me for helping him. Me and Victor eventually bid him off and walked home. I wonder what had the Doc in such a sentimental mood. Maybe it was just seeing young romance and remembering his glory days. I still felt like my glory days were yet to come, but with Victor at my side, things would definitely be exciting.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??