Vulpes Inculta ➵ Cornered

Vulpes Inculta
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: None

Vulpes IncultaFallout New VegasWarning: None

Jesus Christ. This is the second time this has happened. My heel was to a wall, and I was cornered. Something about being the first female Legionnaire really got these fellows chalked up. I had done it by illegally entering the arena, and fighting Otho, one of many sexist shits in this camp. Caesar recognized my talent, despite my having a vagina, and immediately gave me everything of Otho's, including control of the arena. I had upgraded it so others could watch, and to be honest, made it all better than before. I swiped at my bloodied nose with my thumb, getting blood on the leather palm of my fingerless glove.

I raised my fists back up, the three men in front of me had blaring rippers, all inching closer. My mind slowly began to panic. Being the bad bitch I was, I got out of being shot in the head. Surely there was a way to get away from these assholes. One with dark hair and close set eyes grinned, "C'mon, woman, why don't you just come on to our tent, and we'll show you a real job for a woman in the Legion."

That ticked me off, so, naturally, I spat on him. Of course it only caused his anger level to rise, but whatever. Due to this stupid 'no gun' policy and Caesar's trust issues, I had no weapon at the moment. I had a knife in my tent, but my tent was too far to get to. Especially now.

A hand was placed on the man in the middle's shoulder, and he was yanked back. I frowned. The men quickly dispersed at their superior, leaving me alone. My hands dropped to my sides, and I raised my nose, "Inculta."

"L/N." He looked over his shoulder, "What was it this time?"

"Nothing to get your panties in a wad about. I had the situation under control."

I began to walk side by side with him, and he smirked, "I'm sure you did. It isn't like you were outnumbered, and out gunned."

"Out-rippered, mind you." I heightened my voice, mocking Caesar, "No guns allowed. We don't know blah blah blah! We can't do this blah blah blah! It's going to get me killed and it'll be his damn fault." I muttered under my breath, but Vulpes merely chuckled at my anger.

Hearing his laughter was rejuvenating. He wasn't laughing quite now, but oh boy, when he did I felt my lungs shrink. One night, he joined me in my tent to teach me some Latin he knew from a book a man named Ulysses got him. Long story short, I cracked a wise one or two. Or eight. By the end of it all, he was laughing so hard his nose started to bleed, which only made him laugh harder. We both nearly died. Him from loss of blood and me from light headedness. I couldn't quite recall what the joke was, but I know it made him lose his mind in his laughter. It was an unexpected bubbly, joyous noise. The next day he said he hadn't laughed that much since he could remember, which saddened me, but also warmed my heart.

He looked down at me, "I'm trying to get your position updated to Frumentarii."

"What? Why?"

"You are extremely good undercover. Not to mention I saw your gorgeous face on a Wanted poster near NCR territory, and that calls for promotion."

He'd called me gorgeous so naturally, I hadn't realized it until rethinking the conversation. I shrugged, "That's fine with me. It'll put me above those assholes back there."

"I'll tell Caesar what happened and see to it they are thoroughly punished."

I rolled my eyes, "Thanks. You're a peach."

"I know."

We had to part ways for seperate buisness, but god I swear I loved him more in that moment than ever. He's so willing to help me out when no one else here will. After getting to know him, he's more hot than cold.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??