Robert MacCready ➵ 4AM

Robert MacCready
Fallout 4
Warning: None

MacCready ran a hand over his mouth and chin in stress, "I thought you were going to die

MacCready ran a hand over his mouth and chin in stress, "I thought you were going to die."

"I mean... I'm glad I didn't though."

"Duh!"

We were perched up on a roof, laying on our backs on a nice blanket and staring up at the sky. We were supposed to be keeping guard, but nobody was gonna be up at 4am. I turned my head to the side looking at him, "What went through your mind? When I almost died...?"

He sighed, "God, there was so much. I immediately thought about all the shi-... stuff I'd miss when doing it without you. A whole bunch of fun memories came back, but the main thing was just how wrong the situation felt. You're always moving, and always thinking, and besides sleeping, I can't imagine you not. Being 'dead' is just not you."

I blushed a little, nervously folding my hands on my stomach, "Sounds like you're-"

"In love?"

He took the words out of my mouth and suddenly my lungs seemed to shrivel up and my tongue felt dry. He sighed and spoke again, "This might seem sort of forward, but when I thought of losing you, I thought of how I lost Lucy, and how I never explained things to her and how the regret built up in me... I couldn't imagine going through that again, especially when what I'm feeling is so positive. If you died without knowing that I loved you... I think I might have ended it right there with you. There were so many feelings. God I was so overwhelmed. I didn't know that nearly losing you was how much it took to make me realize that I couldn't stand being here without you. So that's it. Guess it's out there. I love you."

I reached over, grabbing his hand, feeling him lightly squeeze mine in return. I closed my eyes with a sigh, "I love you too, MacCready."

He let out a childish giggle, "This is how life is supposed to feel, isn't it? I imagine this is how Pre-War people felt a lot of the time. For once in my life, everything just feels so... right. A clear sky, a warm breeze... you. It's all just so perfect. No rad storms, no raiders, no hell. Just this moment. Seems like there's nothing else in the world, doesn't it?"

I moved closer to him turning on my side. He looked at me and I brushed my fingers through his hair, "I didn't know you had such a way with words... But... yeah... that's exactly how this moment feels."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??