Nick Valentine ➵ Trust

Nick Valentine
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

Nick ValentineFallout 4Warning: Cursing

"Damn! Are you alright?"

I watched cautiously as Nick knealt beside a wounded synth with half her face scratched up. She twitched slightly, and sparks emitted from a panel in her arm. She stared at him in fear before looking to his eye then neck, and realizing he was the same. I naturally became wary of the possibility of this being a trap, seeing as the Institute was the Institute. I held my gun up still, slightly lowered from her face and from a good distance. I narrowed my eyes and she looked to me in fear before throwing herself on Nick.

'Bitch? I think the fuck not.'

I frowned, "Nick, back off. She's probably faking."

He looked at me, "Seriously? Oh, come on, I'm a Synth myself! I think I know when another Synth is lying or not! We need to get her to Diamond City so she can get fixed."

I raised my brows, "Diamond City won't let you bring her in. I won't let you bring her in."

The girl looked at me, and her eyes seemed so hollow. Then I looked to Nick. His eyes held conflicted feelings and warmth. I looked back at her. Cold. Nick? Warm.

Something just wasn't right. We took her to Sanctuary, where I had my first home. He brought her inside and Sturges came over to help out, though I knew he was just intrsted at dissecting a synth's innards, that dork. I looked to Nick, "Can I talk to you? Alone?"

He gave one last glance at the Synthetic woman before looking to me and following me outside. I entered a lobby I'd built on an empty lot, and pulled him into a seperate room. It had couches, but we both stood. I frowned, "Nick, she's obviously lying!"

He looked coldly at the door, "Why the hell would she lie?"

"Because that's what the Institute programmed Synth's to do! Lie, and cheat! All for their damned benefit!"

Nick looked to me, "That's All Synths do? Lie and cheat?" He scoffed, "You join the Railroad, you help settlements, you save Synths, hell, you're married to a Synth, and you have the damn audacity to say that?" I flinched when he raised his voice at me, and opened my mouth to speak, but he interrupted, his voice more gentle as he softly gripped my upper arms to make me look at him, "Y/N, I know you don't feel that way. I know you don't have that sort of opinion about Synths... so what's the matter? You haven't been yourself today... or recently..."

I pulled away from him, hugging myself and turning my back, "I... don't know... I'm just being overdramatic... just... go help Sturges attend that girl or something."

He smiled slightly, hugging me from behind, "Oh, I see. I don't think anything's wrong with you, I just think you're jealous."

"Why would I be jealous?"

"Good question. Look, if there was even a slight chance that I could fall for another, I wouldn't have asked you to marry me, alright? I love you, okay?"

I smiled at him, pushing my lips to his sweetly, "I love you too."

There was a loud gunshot, and we immediatly ran to where the Synth girl was with Sturges. I looked at the scene with large eyes. The girl was slumped over the side of the couch, knife in hand. Sturges had his back pushed to a wall, a deep gash on his cheek, and one on his bicep. Nick went to the man, and took the gun from his hand, guiding him from the house and to a doctor. I looked at the Synth girl, and got out my gun warily. I stood over her, and watched as her eyes opened suddenly. She slashed the knife at me, but I shot her dead before she could do any damage.

I exited the house, and Nick exited the clinic. I mocked him, "I think I know when another Synth is lying or not."

He scoffed, "Cute."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??