Paladin Danse ➵ Pick-Up Lines

Paladin Danse
Fallout 4
Warning: None

I sat with Danse in the Mess Hall of the Prydwen, packing our stomachs before going to speak with Elder Maxson for a mission update

I sat with Danse in the Mess Hall of the Prydwen, packing our stomachs before going to speak with Elder Maxson for a mission update. I bit down on my fork, placing it down happily as I finished my plate of Mirelurk meat. Danse looked to me. He'd been being awfully weird lately. He's been avoiding me a little. I wonder if I did something wrong.

He looked at me, "Wow... Are you a star... because you're... bright..."

I laughed slapping his arm as we stood to find Maxson, "That doesn't make sense."

He frowned, "Uhm... Woah... Are you a... blanket? Because I'd... sleep with you..."

I let out another laugh, "That one was a little better, Danse. Try another one."

He blushed even further, "Oh gosh... Uhm... Are you... a fast food place? Because I love to eat out..."

"That one was better!"

He smiled at the compliment, and looked at me sideways, "Would you like to... do something later?"

"We're already doing something later, Danse. We're going on a recall mission with the team."

"I know. I meant like... me... and you. Alone."

"Oh, sure! We can watch a movie for the scribe's to see if it should be salvaged or not."

He ran a hand down his face, "I'm trying to ask you out... you know... on a date... soldier."

"...What? ...Why?"

Danse froze up, muttered something under his breath.

"Pardon?"

He spoke a little louder, making the people around us stare at him, "Because, Y/N, I love you, and I'm sure, because seeing you smile is the only thing I ever want to see, even if it's not because of me. I asked Haylen what to do about my feelings, and she gave me some advice, so I tried to use a pickup line on you, but you were just so... I dunno, but I got flustered."

"Are you... saying you have feelings for me?"

He stayed silent for a second, before looking into my eyes, "Yes."

I frowned, looking at the ground, then to him, "Are you sure?"

"I've never been so sure about anything since joining the Brotherhood. So? What do you say? Want to do something later?"

I smiled, taking his hand in mine, "Of course." He smiled in return, bending down to kiss me, before being shocked by the clapping and whistling of the patrons he forgot were listening.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??