John Hancock ➵ Bruises

John Hancock
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing, Suggestive

I woke up under sunlight filtered through old fabric curtains

I woke up under sunlight filtered through old fabric curtains. I stood up, rubbing the back of my head to relieve my major hangover. I went into the bathroom, staring into the mirror. "Holy shit..." I touched my fingers to my neck. Hancock left a large hickey, along with surrounding smaller ones. I stared at them, purple, brown and red swirls. I went back into the main room. Hancock was naturally on the couch.

His hat covered his eyes, and his hands were folded on his stomach. His feet crossed at the ankles. Light snores escaped his mouth. I rubbed my head again, deciding to step out for a second. I exited the building through the front door. I sat on the steps, watching the settlement buzz to life. A robot entered a gun store, and a female ghoul entered another shop. I rested my head in my hands. I was exhausted. A little girl was chasing a boy, and stopped at the sight of me. She came over, "Hi. I'm Rosie."

I smiled as the child sat down next to me, "I'm Y/N. What are you doing up this early?"

"Chasing Marcus. He keeps pulling silly tricks on me."

I smiled, "And a lady like yourself doesn't like tricks."

She shook her head, "No way no day." She was one of the only child ghouls I'd seen in a settlement. I saw one kid in a fridge, but he was different. I looked at her, "Where are your parents?"

"At our house. Duh. They don't pay too much attention to me though."

I grinned, "Well, anytime you wanna hang out with an adult, come see me."

"Sure thing!" She stayed quiet, playing with a small toy in her radiated hands. She looked over at me, "Are you dating Mayor Hancock?"

I looked at her, raising my eyebrows, "Are you dating Marcus?"

"He wishes!"

"And Hancock wishes I was dating him."

"Really?"

"You bet."

"What happened to your neck?"

I felt my face redden and said the first thing that came to mind, "I got in a fight. Now go chase Marcus. Give him a little slap for pulling one over on you. Stop by Hancock's office later too, if you want."

"I will! Goodbye!"

I bid her off, watching after her as she ran. I remembered being a kid. I remembered the stuff I was worried about. The next episode of a show coming out. What a boy thought of me. Silly things compared to what children now worry over.

"A fight, huh? You sure got a way with the little ones."

I turned to look over my shoulder, only to see Hancock. I smiled as he sat down next to me, leaning against the door. "I wouldn't say that. I guess I'm just easy to talk to."

"I'll say. Is your head pounding as bad as mine?"

"Probably worse. I haven't drank in 200 years." I cleared my throat, "How long were you standing there?"

"Not long. Came out just before Rosie slipped off... Her parents are out of it, man. They ain't bad or anything, but they just treat her as a neighbor... you know? Like she isn't their child, but more of a roommate. She's small though. She doesn't care at the moment."

"That's... not good." I thought for a while, and looked to him, "Say, why don't you give me a grand tour of Goodneighbor? Introduce me to some new folks."

"Eh, why not. I got nothing better to do." He stood up, grabbed my hands, and pulled me to my feet.  He introduced me to some people, but one person in particular stood out to me. A woman named Irma. In the Memory Den. She piqued my interest with her high way of life. I'd need to stop by later that night and try one of these memory things.

The sun was about to set, and Goodneighbor was still very much alive. Hancock sat next to me, slumped on a bench. He sighed, releasing a whiff of Jet smoke into the air, then inhaling more, "This is my favorite time of day."

"And why is that?"

"I don't really know. Maybe it's the way the sky gets real pretty. Maybe it's just the lights. It just... at this moment, everyday, everything's calm. No ones in a rush to get anywhere, no one's attacking. Nothings happening. It's perfect."

I nodded, "Hey, Hancock?"

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking about visiting the Memory Den later..."

He perked up, almost dropping his canister of Jet, "What? Why?"

"I dunno. Just to see what it's like."

"Well... what do you want to revisit?"

"I don't know. Maybe something simple my first time."

"Your first time? What do you mean? Do you plan on doing it frequently?"

"Depends on how it goes."

Hancock sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "I can't stop you. You're grown. But... can I at least go with you? Just to make sure it goes alright?"

"I guess so."

"I don't like you doing this."

"Why?"

"Just... some people go in once, and they go there everyday now. I don't... It's addictive. Not my kind of addictive. Not like chem addictive. Like... abuse addictive. I don't know how to explain it. Other than 'addictive'."

"Well... fine. I won't do it. But... I'll need something to do tonight..." I grinned at him, and he smiled, "That's more up my lane."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??