Deacon ➵ Camoflauge

Deacon
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

Damn, there's too many of these bastards for me to take down! I ducked behind a large vent extruding from the rooftop, closing my eyes as bullets whizzed past me

Damn, there's too many of these bastards for me to take down! I ducked behind a large vent extruding from the rooftop, closing my eyes as bullets whizzed past me. Every now and then I could peek out and shoot one or two, but they just kept coming! I went to reload before realizing I was out of bullets. I hadn't expected to get ganged up on like this, so I only brought enough ammunition to take out a good couple of radstags.

I listened to the sharp wind broken by bullets, hugging my knees to my chest. I suddenly looked to the door leading to the stairs of the apartment complex I was perched upon. I watched as a man in a gas mask came out, and immediately tensed up. This raider was going to be my undoing. He walked over, and I stared up in fear before watching as he rose a hand and removed his mask. I stared at my own reflection in the sunglasses before yanking him down to hide with me, "What the fuck are you doing here! You're gonna get us both killed!"

Deacon just smiled a little, "Not really sure. I just sort of found some funny-looking get up on a dead raider, and they thought I was one of them."

I frowned, "Is this where you've been since yesterday night?"

"Yeah, but that's besides the point. Let's just focus on outwitting Raider's and their shit-for-brains."

I watched in amusement as he snapped on his gas mask again, rising and walking towards the edge of the building. I heard his voice, loud and clear with a fake small accent, as he shouted to the raiders that there was no one else on the roof and that I must have escaped. I heard bloodthirsty groans of disappointment before Deacon came back to my side, removing the mask and helping me to my feet. I pulled him into a quick hug and kissed his cheek, "Are you ever gonna let me hear the end of this?"

"You already know the answer to that."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??