Robert MacCready ➵ Arguing

Robert MacCready
Fallout 4
Warning: Argument

I held my sniper with both hands, storming down the road through Sanctuary

I held my sniper with both hands, storming down the road through Sanctuary. People knew to stay inside at moments like this, when my temper rose. MacCready caught up with me, holding his gun the same way, "Hey, Y/N!" He caught his breath, "You walk fast, you know that?"

I frowned, continuing to walk, "That's how you get the good stuff on Black Friday." I attempted to make a joke, but due to my sour mood, it hadn't sounded like I wanted it too.

"Is that some sort of... Pre-War thing?"

I nodded. He frowned, "Right. Well, I don't think I ever actually thanked you for destroying the Institute."

I sighed, rolling my eyes at him, "MacCready, you don't care at all. You don't need to thank me. The Commonwealth's problem's aren't yours. You're just going to go back to Washington for Duncan and leave me here. Alone. You wouldn't have cared how things turned out. I got you your cure for your son, and that's what you came here for. So feel free to leave."

He sighed, and grabbed my elbow, making me stop walking, "You're still mad about that...?"

I yanked my arm from his grasp, "Of course I'm still mad about it, MacCready! I just blew up my son, who helped the people who killed my husband-- making you my only comfort left in this shitty world! And you're leaving me!" He opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off, with a heavy sigh, "Save it. I'm just being selfish. Maybe I'm jealous because you still have your kid... I would do the same thing. Just... look, if you're gonna go, then go. Drawn out goodbye's aren't your thing, and they sure as hell aren't mine."

"Let me speak-"

"No! Because you're going to say something that will just make me fall for you more than I already have! Then you'll up and leave and I'll never see you again! Just say you love me and go so I can start on the path of trying to get over you!"

He holstered his sniper on his back, and I slowly did the same. He closed his eyes, a slight frown on his lips as he sighed, "Y/N... I'm trying to tell you something... Can I speak now?"

I rolled my eyes and gave a single nod. He raised his brows, "With no interruptions?"

I gave a nod again.

He smiled slightly. He took off his hat, putting his other hand on the back of his neck, "I'm trying to tell you that I'm not leaving. I mean, I am, but I'm coming back. I'm going to Washington, getting Duncan, and coming back. I was actually going to see if you wanted to come with me."

And suddenly, I was caught off guard, and blinked dumbly, "What?"

"I want you to come with me to get Duncan, and then come back. Maybe make a new home in Sanctuary or something... Look, I'm not good with words or... anything, really. But just... think about it, okay?" He held out a hand, seeing if I would shake it. I gripped it in mine, shook it firmly, then yanked him to me. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, "I would love to go with you."

We parted from the hug and he laced his fingers with mine, "If you want, I can even show you where I grew up at."

"Oh yeah, Mayor? It'll be fun. I doubt the cave'll still be intact since it was run by kindergarteners with machine guns but y'know..."

He chuckled, shaking his head, "I would ask you to show me where you grew up but...", he clicked his tongue.

I grinned, "Yeah. Nuclear warfare does tend to put a damper on my plans." He laughed at my sarcasm. I sighed, "What if Duncan doesn't like me?"

He scoffed, "He likes me. The odds of him not liking you..." He struggled to find words for a moment, "Well, we're very alike. So if he likes me, and I like you... chances are he'll accept you."

I heard a voice from behind us, a distance away, "Yeah! Who wouldn't love two dysfunctional mercenaries for parents!"

I glared at Danse over my shoulder. MacCready scoffed, "Hush, Danse. The adults are talking."

I grinned and we continued walking as Hancock and Danse began bickering over their big dick energy. I sighed, "Someone has to keep them in check. What do you think will happen when we leave?"

"They'll be at each other's throats for a week or two. Maybe someone'll die, but hey, that's just one less mouth to feed. I hope it's Danse."

"Nobody around here seems to like him."

"Well yeah, how can you like someone who's constantly an asshole to people?"

I grinned, "I like you, don't I?"

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??